Topic:   Salvation! Salvation! Salvation!   (Read 5529 times)

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Salvation! Salvation! Salvation!
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »
Thank God, or I should say, Thank Gandolf! Phew! I thought I was lost and down a path where I couldn't bring myself back from. That didn't stop Gandolf though. He has offered to to lead my life so that I can be whole again! Thank you Gandolf! Just thank you!

By accepting this truce:
- You will be acknowledged and regain what was lost on the forum.
- You will refrain from cussing.
- You will have to swallow aggression and the urge to hurt others.
- I will back you up if someone else tries to mess with you, insults, humiliation, ect... if what they are doing isn't just or that you don't deserve it.
- We will not be enemies, you won't have to like me though if you ever wish to be what we were; I'll be on iChat...

Oh merciful Gandolf! Thank you for setting these rules for me! I'd be lost without you! I'm glad it is you that is in charge of my reputation Gandolf, seriously to know that you have the power to to restore my reputation is a blessing to my heart! Thank goodness I will have you to protect me from all the bad scary men on the internet, who steal gum from gas stations. I know I can't fend for myself.

All the requirements on the truce are there to be a ladder to get you out of that hole you had managed to dig yourself into.
Cussing was your shovel. Insults were the drive to dig. Though now people don't respect you as much so that you could get pushed back in that hole.

Thank you Gandolf for showing me the truth in how I've come to this horrible state! You know everything about everything and can easily put it into metaphor, so that my decreased IQ may comprehend your grateful teachings.

This is the internet, not a slum. It's gonna have people who know what is right and wrong and will take action in it. I just happen to be one out of many.

Finally! Someone who knows right from wrong on the internet! I shall join in your crusade to banish all wrongness from the internet. I will make it my mission now to care so deeply for what other people type, because the wrongness they spew, affects me as deeply as it affects you.

Now the whole point of why I have contacted you is to give you your old Gmg life back. One that you have previously ruined by trying to hurt me. Unfortunately your attempts back fired and I'm still unharmed though you are on a verge of exile if you keep this up.
I don't like watching a social suicide so you have a few choices.
(1) Keep trying to humiliate me. We'll see what happens.(I'd expect an exile or ban)
(2) Quit what you're trying to do and work hard to regain your old reputation.
(3) Quit and allow me to give you a boost.
Your choice, whatever you do has little effect to me. Choose carefully.

Oh thank you oh powerful Gandolf! You will give me my old GMG life back! I was worried that you didn't have the authority, or even the ability to do so, but your powers have left me in awestruck once again! Thank you for setting ultimatums for me, being the all powerful deity that you are, I wouldn't know what to do without you! How do I repay one that will give me a boost in my journey? I have no clue! You are all knowing on the internet, Oh Holy Gandolf!

Praise him!

--------------
These were PM's from Gandolf himself. Seriously people, the real hidden monster in this "conflict" is Gandolf. Imagine if this kid was talking to you. Saying these things to you. You may not react to it like I do, but the way I do it is fun for me. :)
I know that some others on this forum agree with me, they have told me or told others and I found out about it. These people won't say anything. I'm not afraid to speak my opinion towards this monster.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Salvation! Salvation! Salvation!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:20:48 AM »
 :P Here's everything:
The beginning:
Gandolf:
Harry, I am offering a truce. Wait- Don't switch the page yet, hear me out.

I am doing this privately so to cause no interruption from others, you have no need to worry about anyone but you and I.
This forum is a valuable asset to enhance your skills and be among friends. I don't want you to lose it. As you know, on the internet a person is nothing without a rep. Same on the streets as a gang member. The better reputation you have, the more respect you get.
You have created some great pieces of code e.g. Streamlined Tile Engine and your SilverChat. Before the debate, people enjoyed these and looked up to you. After the debate... certain instances occurred where some things were damaged. Though not damaged to the point of no repair.
I want to fix what was broken, so I'm offering you a truce. A chance to forget all that has happened and move on.

By accepting this truce:
- You will be acknowledged and regain what was lost on the forum.
- You will refrain from cussing.
- You will have to swallow aggression and the urge to hurt others.
- I will back you up if someone else tries to mess with you, insults, humiliation, ect... if what they are doing isn't just or that you don't deserve it.
- We will not be enemies, you won't have to like me though if you ever wish to be what we were; I'll be on iChat...

If you don't accept the truce, this truce will be made public showing that you have declined peace. Everyone will know.

To accept this truce all you have to do... is nothing. By not responding or by responding with a "Yes", I will acknowledge that you have agreed.

Please think this through,
-Gandolf
Harry:
"By accepting this truce:
1. You will be acknowledged and regain what was lost on the forum.
2. You will refrain from cussing.
3. You will have to swallow aggression and the urge to hurt others."

1. By saying this, you are placing yourself above me. You speak to me as if I am inferior to you. We are equals, you are not above me and I'm not above you, yet to talk to me, and everyone else, as if you are.

2. You have no authority to control what I say. Besides, I never really cussed until you started this thing. I may have had some fun when Mike showed us how to get past the filter, but I never aimed it at anyone.

3. The aggression I show is towards you, so leave other people out of this. If you are "hurt" by what I say, you need to relax, I cannot hurt you through the internet. Grow up.

You instigate more things than you think. Like Silverwind said, a lot of fault falls on your side.

I'm all for resolving conflicts, but the conflict has to be solved by the person who started it, you.

Continued....

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:21:35 AM »
Gandolf:
I attempted to resolve it with a truce, have any other way to resolve it?  

-Gandolf
Harry:
You did not offer a truce. A truce is when you just agree to stop what you're doing to each other. What you gave me was a list of demands to control me.
Gandolf:
:P All the requirements on the truce are there to be a ladder to get you out of that hole you had managed to dig yourself into.
Cussing was your shovel. Insults were the drive to dig. Though now people don't respect you as much so that you could get pushed back in that hole.

This truce is to take away that shovel and your motivation to dig deeper, and I will be there to help you up and make sure no one pushes you back in.
Take it or leave it, this truce isn't for my benefit.

-Gandolf
Harry:
"All the requirements on the truce are there to be a ladder to get you out of that hole you had managed to dig yourself into.

This truce is to take away that shovel and your motivation to dig deeper, and I will be there to help you up and make sure no one pushes you back in.
Take it or leave it, this truce isn't for my benefit.

-Gandolf"

See, this is why I don't like you, stop talking like this. You think I'm in a hole, I'm not. You think you know what is best for me, once again playing the role as my superior. Just shut the f*** up. :)
Gandolf:
If you wish to resolve, state some suggestions. I'm all ears.

-Gandolf
Harry:
Leave your morals out of what you say. This is the internet. Not Kansas. Stop over analyzing what other people say, and then responding with a post that in a way you try to state what the person did and how they should correct themselves.

Continued...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:23:02 AM by Gandolf »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »
Gandolf:
Morals are a part of you, you can't just leave them. Asking someone to abandon morals is impossible. You can't pick and choose, it's guided by your conscience.
The internet may not have grass, buildings, hills and such... though it does have something in common with the real world. It has people. People have cultures, morals, beliefs that they take where ever they go. Virtual or real, it doesn't matter.
This is the internet, not a slum. It's gonna have people who know what is right and wrong and will take action in it. I just happen to be one out of many.

Now the whole point of why I have contacted you is to give you your old Gmg life back. One that you have previously ruined by trying to hurt me. Unfortunately your attempts back fired and I'm still unharmed though you are on a verge of exile if you keep this up.
I don't like watching a social suicide so you have a few choices.
(1) Keep trying to humiliate me. We'll see what happens.(I'd expect an exile or ban)
(3) Quit and allow me to give you a boost.
Your choice, whatever you do has little effect to me. Choose carefully.

-Gandolf
Harry:
You know, everything I just told you, you just did.

So go f*** yourself okay buddy?
That's it so far...

-Gandolf
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:22:26 AM by Gandolf »

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »
See here's the thing Gandolf, if YOU don't talk to me, I don't talk to YOU.
Trying to control me and the situation is not how you solve. Don't be a Nazi, you don't have "The Final Solution".

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »
I'm not quite sure how you got the idea that I am a deity, though I'm far from it.
In my pm's to you, I only showed concern about trying to understand your issue. I am in no need of control, I only see the consequences of your actions and wish to forewarn or even help you.
I can only do so much Harry, it's up to you to do the rest.

-Gandolf

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 01:45:24 PM »
I'm not quite sure how you got the idea that I am a deity, though I'm far from it.
In my pm's to you, I only showed concern about trying to understand your issue. I am in no need of control, I only see the consequences of your actions and wish to forewarn or even help you.
I can only do so much Harry, it's up to you to do the rest.

-Gandolf

Trying to understand? You think you already understand what is going on. Remember how you said cussing is my shovel and I'm digging a hole and you're offering a ladder to save me? That's you putting yourself as the "controller" of the situation.

You came to me with a "truce", but it wasn't a truce at all. What I offered you is a real truce.
See here's the thing Gandolf, if YOU don't talk to me, I don't talk to YOU.

That is a real truce, as in, if you leave me alone, I leave you alone.
Take it or leave it.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 01:49:07 PM »
Ah #2 on the list:
Fair enough, I agree. Though if you ever decide to talk to me, I will respond as a friend.

-Gandolf

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 01:50:44 PM »
Ah #2 on the list:
Fair enough, I agree. Though if you ever decide to talk to me, I will respond as a friend.

-Gandolf

Same to you, unless you talk to me in a wrong way.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 01:54:15 PM »
We should probably put some safe guards down so that if we ever end up on opposing sides of a debate, that what previously happened will not happen again.
Any ideas?

-Gandolf

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
I suggest you just drop it. lol

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.