Topic:   Welcome!   (Read 9959 times)

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

Welcome!
« on: March 23, 2008, 02:29:30 AM »
Post here with any SilverCreator related questions, or post games you've made!

Ghost

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
So, are there no active members on the SC forums or what? Why hasn't anyone (bar Eq) registered a GMG account?
I survived the spammage of 2007

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »
It looks like they're sticking to the SC Plaza-- which isn't very active anyway. Maybe I'll try posting another announcement there...

- Ghost

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »
Hey, last week gandolf was pretty active...

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »
Yeah, he's working on a pretty nifty space game, though I think he's converting it to GM. You use SC don't you Hamster? Are you working on anything at the moment?

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 09:56:19 AM »
You use SC don't you Hamster? Are you working on anything at the moment?

Yeah... I've been working on a RPG for a while... about a year actually. I've got a pretty cool battle system going that's inspired by one of my favorite games, wachenroder. Here's a video of how it works in that game: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NE_Z5ZPJ1Cc

Development has slowed down recently because I'm been working on another project of mine, a homebrew GBA game.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:58:18 AM by WarHampster »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »
Yeah... I've been working on a RPG for a while... about a year actually. I've got a pretty cool battle system going that's inspired by one of my favorite games, wachenroder. Here's a video of how it works in that game: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NE_Z5ZPJ1Cc
That battle engine looked pretty cool. If yours is anything like it it should be a pretty nifty game indeed. :) How much progress have you made on your game?

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »
I'm using a modified version of the v5 nav system for normal main world movement, and a simple battle engine (like the one in equanox's rpg demo) for normal random battles. Like wachenroder, the tactics battles are scripted (they happen in set points in the game)

The battles have been a challenge to make, mainly because they're 3d. I've settled for a isometric view, and there's options to zoom in/out of the battle and to rotate the board (basically I made 4 versions of the same map for the rotation... not fun) The battle engine it's self uses a grid system, which works with the amount of AP (action points) your characters have. So, lets say that your character has 10 AP (moving one square on the grid = .5 AP) So I have a method that determines how many squares you can move in any direction, and then makes a target sprite on the farthest move in every direction. From there, you can move the sprite with the arrow keys within the area of movement, and then hit a button for your character to move there.

This takes forever to program, especially when you factor in boundaries (which i haven't quite gotten working yet)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 11:05:39 AM »
Um what was it It was all written in Japanese.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 11:23:02 AM »
Its a japanese RPG for sega saturn... and its really fun  ::)