Topic:   Michael Jackson may be dead   (Read 20794 times)

Xiphos

• GMG-er

Re: Michael Jackson may be dead
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »
me moves back to on topic ville.

I'm kind a sad MJ died... (I never believed he was a child rapist)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2009, 11:50:58 AM »
I was only using that as a general example explaining that every religion wants you to sacrifice, instead of someone else who sacrificed for you.

So guys, if there isn't a God, how do you think the universe was created?

-Gandolf

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »
I don't know... That's religion. The answer to the questions we have. What is the universe? How was it created? God.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:55:49 AM by Xiphos »

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »
So guys, if there isn't a God, how do you think the universe was created

I do not know if there is or is not a God, or perhaps Gods.

I don't know if the big bang theory is correct either. It's just a theory. I wasn't there.

Think about it guys, would you rather have to sacrifice something or have someone who sacrificed themselves for you so you can go to heaven? That's what separates this from every other religion in the world. Frankly, I like this much better than killing my kids.

You can't choose a religion because its' protocols for access to heaven are more palatable. Maybe you really do have to "kill your kids". Maybe that's right. Maybe if you pray to Jesus you go to an even worse hell than if you just did nothing. How the hell do we really know?

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »
The problem with the Big Bang Theory is that there is no way to know where the hell all those gases came from. What colour was the universe before it exploded into existance?

I'd assume black, because there would have been no light. Just a bunch of toxic gas.

Apart from the Big Bang Theory, consider this; going down to the store, buying stuff for a barbeque, couple of ice creams, big bottle of Pepsi and have some fun outside - because there's not enough time in the world to wonder why the hell it exists.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2009, 03:15:32 PM »
That's a tough question. If a big bang created the universe, you're in the clear. You'll just end up being the dirt in the Earth, your entity will cease to exist.

Though it could be the other way around, and there actually is a God... If you didn't want to take a chance, I would research. Find truths from lies and if worst comes and you're still clueless, just pray to the God.

-Gandolf

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
So, if God exists, could I just say "please give me a tenner, I'm desperate for cash and I haven't got any food" he would find a tenner for me?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »
Where did you get that idea from?

Though to answer:
Think of God as a father, he deeply loves and cares about you. A father that loves you that much won't always give you what you want, though if you work hard for it and follow his ways; he will help you along. Remember, he helps those who help themselves.

-Gandolf
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 03:56:21 PM by Gandolf »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2009, 06:39:19 AM »
Good job ignoring all of Mike's posts.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2009, 07:02:06 AM »
Which post did I not answer?

-Gandolf

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2009, 07:15:14 AM »
 ::)

You can't choose a religion because its' protocols for access to heaven are more palatable. Maybe you really do have to "kill your kids". Maybe that's right. Maybe if you pray to Jesus you go to an even worse hell than if you just did nothing. How the hell do we really know?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2009, 09:50:38 AM »
:P
That's a tough question. If a big bang created the universe, you're in the clear. You'll just end up being the dirt in the Earth, your entity will cease to exist.

Though it could be the other way around, and there actually is a God... If you didn't want to take a chance, I would research. Find truths from lies and if worst comes and you're still clueless, just pray to the God.

-Gandolf

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2009, 11:48:06 PM »
Wow I leave for a few days and come back to this. A heated discussion on religion.
Hmmmm I wonder if I can answer all the questions. (probably not)
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2009, 02:15:06 AM »

What if praying to only one God is actually wrong and that gets me sent to hell, because there's really 52 gods?

I can see your argument though. If there is no God, then praying to Him wouldn't really matter. You'll have wasted some time but that's about it. However, if you do pray and there is a God, at least you're in a somewhat better off position.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:15:16 AM by Mike_Richardson »

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2009, 08:17:10 AM »
Pray to God because you love him and believe in him and don't doubt. If you don't believe in him then don't pray to him just because you want to go to heaven that's just being greedy.