Topic:   Michael Jackson may be dead   (Read 20676 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Michael Jackson may be dead
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »
Turns out that, that drastic event is foretold in the Bible. :P

Besides that, how do you guys think the Universe was created?

-Gandolf

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 12:13:57 AM »
As for the system of government we have, I see the world moving towards a global democracy in the future-- but we'll need some drastic event that will unite the world (something that threatens humanity's existence).

It exists, there's two of them; one is called 'North Korea', the other is 'America' :P

Besides that, how do you guys think the Universe was created?

Who knows? Quite frankly, I really don't care why the universe exists. All I know is that I was born into this world, and eventually I'll be taken out of it. Where I go after that, well... Who knows? :P I believe in some kind of afterlife. I have experienced ghosts first hand. Why there's an afterlife I'll never know, because I don't believe in a God - but there is something or somewhere that controls what happens on this planet. There must be.

This reminds me of Red Dwarf. Kryten told Dave that if he is a good android and serves the humans, he'll go to Silicon Heaven.

"But sir, where do all the calculators go?"
"They just... die."

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »
I want to avoid hell, if it exists. So, which religion do I pick?

Several religions claim to help me to avoid hell. However, most of these religions also claim that if I don't pick their religion, I will go to hell. Which religion do I pick? Which one is right?

You can't just say, oh, it's this one, "because it is". That's bullsh*t.

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2009, 12:46:43 AM »
Meanwhile, in OnTopicsville:

How does Michael Jackson pick his nose?
From a catalogue.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 12:50:46 AM »
I feel the same way, I'm scared. Just the thought that there is a chance of me going into an eternal torture makes me want to curl up and plead with whoever to forgive me for all I've done.
So I have looked and found the religion with the most proved facts and truth. Man... This religion tells me that someone died for me! Heck, How many innocent people do you know that would want to be brutally tortured and killed for you? It's strange. Most religions would have me sacrifice my children or give my body in order to be saved. Though out of all of them...  Only one religion has a man who gave his for mine. Why would I ever deserve this? Because this God is like no other, he actually cares about me. :)

- Gandolf

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »
Well, now you put it like that, I have just one question;

Is there a hell? Without any religion, there is no hell. Only if you willingly enter into a religion are you putting yourself at risk of hell - or indeed heaven. If you stay out of it, there's no chance it will happen. Someone can tell you that you might go to hell, but then again, some people tell me that Windows is the superior operating system in comparison with Apple's offerings.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 01:41:50 AM »
I feel the same way, I'm scared. Just the thought that there is a chance of me going into an eternal torture makes me want to curl up and plead with whoever to forgive me for all I've done.
So I have looked and found the religion with the most proved facts and truth. Man... This religion tells me that someone died for me! Heck, How many innocent people do you know that would want to be brutally tortured and killed for you? It's strange. Most religions would have me sacrifice my children or give my body in order to be saved. Though out of all of them...  Only one religion has a man who gave his for mine. Why would I ever deserve this? Because this God is like no other, he actually cares about me. :)

- Gandolf

But how do we know that just because Christianity has someone who died for you, that it is the valid and correct religion? Your argument only gives anecdotal evidence - that it must be the true religion because an innocent man died to save us - but nothing says that event is the validity marker for religions.

Maybe the truth is that you have to sacrifice a goat to get into heaven. Would that be a pretty retarded religion? Yeah - but there's a lot of stupid things we have to deal with on a daily basis.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 01:43:49 AM »
Well, now you put it like that, I have just one question;

Is there a hell? Without any religion, there is no hell. Only if you willingly enter into a religion are you putting yourself at risk of hell - or indeed heaven. If you stay out of it, there's no chance it will happen. Someone can tell you that you might go to hell, but then again, some people tell me that Windows is the superior operating system in comparison with Apple's offerings.

There could be a heaven, or a hell, or both, or none. We don't really, I mean REALLY WITH ACTUAL TANGIBLE PHYSICAL MANIPULATABLE PROOF know until we're dead. That's why the whole situation sucks.

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 02:04:52 AM »
There could be a heaven, or a hell, or both, or none. We don't really, I mean REALLY WITH ACTUAL TANGIBLE PHYSICAL MANIPULATABLE PROOF know until we're dead. That's why the whole situation sucks.

Well put.

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2009, 08:04:27 AM »

Boom. Told you religion is Terrorism. Fear and submission people, fear and submission.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »
I believe in the religion I was raised with. I went to church every sunday and these things made sense to me. And who knows if what I believe in is right or not? But having faith is like that.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 11:05:51 AM »
Thank you Xiphos.

Gandolf, have you read the Quran? I doubt it. Have you studied Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, or Buddhism? Probably not. If you had, you'd realize that every single religion of salvation gives reasons for why it is the correct way to achieve eternal bliss, ect. ect.. How does OMG JESUS DIED FOR MY SINS make Christianity any more plausible than OMG MUHAMMAD HAD A REVELATION AND UNITED ALL THE ARYAB TRIBES?

we'll need some drastic event that will unite the world (something that threatens humanity's existence

WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:09:13 AM by WarHampster »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 11:26:59 AM »
The Bible has the most proved facts out of all of them. You know the Hetites? Historians didn't think they ever existed, but they were in the Bible. Until one day those same historians found them. Now they just say, "Oops.".

Think about it guys, would you rather have to sacrifice something or have someone who sacrificed themselves for you so you can go to heaven? That's what separates this from every other religion in the world. Frankly, I like this much better than killing my kids.

You're bordering on relativity there. You're saying just about the same as if you don't believe there is a court notice on your door, you won't have to go to court. Doesn't work that way.
If there is a chance of eternal punishment, I'm not taking it. I'll pick the most plausible religion.

-Gandolf

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »
I disagree Gandolf about Christianity, and I don't think you should insult other religions by saying they make you kill your kids. Others would think your religion is a stupid one. Many religion also have similar points to our and are based on the life  and teachings of one person. (Buddhism) Every religion doesn't involve killing your kids...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:36:45 AM by Xiphos »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »
This argument is over. Gandolf can come up with anything to prove that Christianity is the "best" religion, but everything he comes up with hinges on the assumptions that there is a God, and there is a eternal damnation that you will go to if you do not worship God.