Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Avisaria
« on: November 26, 2008, 04:18:04 PM »
[size=16]
Avisaria
[/size]

This is the Avisaria thread. It will be used to show progress, get beta testers, brainstorm ideas, and to keep me on track. Here's a little background information:

Background: Avisaria was made a year or two ago, it was created with the Xtremeworlds engine. It grew to one of the best games on the site, it actually overgrew. There were 4 main people who controlled everything and developed it. Gandolf was the guy who originally first created it, he than recruited Satyricon from Oberin. Satyricon always had a dream of creating a online game, and with this once in a life time offer, he just had to go for it. After a long while of game developing, Satyricon and Gandolf decided to recruit other people to map maps and create other things in the world. They started a hiring thread that worked great. After a few mappers had came and gone, two were still left. Deitritius and Sneaky, were the most devoted mappers we hired. Deitritius helped develop our out dated site, and even moved on to create his own online game. Sneaky eventually faded away and we couldn't contact him sense. Sneaky was also our main programmer, he brought Avisaria to new heights. After a while, it was only Satyricon and Gandolf, they were creating Avisaria and had ran into unforseen problems. Graphic thieves, Satyricon started creating his own tileset and Xtremeworlds just wouldn't cut it, we needed things that it couldn't do. So than Gandolf decided to go into Visualbasic, create his own engine. (Hope you guys don't mind me talking in third person :P)

Current Progress: I have made the client/server which is only a chat program right now and I have created the tile system. I just need to stick the two together, modify, and I wil have a mini online game.

Ideas/Things to do:
-Eat some ramen noodles
-Fixed CPU Drainage
-Implement tile system into the server/client
-Make username/password recording system
-Get beta testers
-Make beta testers test it
-See how many players at a time can be on before it bugs/crashes

Beta Testers: (Currently don't need any)
1. Gandolf
2. Swamp
3. Mistron
4. Ghost
5. WarHampster
6. Gnome(Maybe)

Avisaria is only for Windows, eventually it should be for Mac too. So, I better show some pics before I am called a "Noob": (I will make a screencast once I get further down my todo list)

Chat Server/Client:

Tile System:

-Gandolf

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:57:22 PM by Gandolf »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
Re: Avisaria
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »
Beta Testes

Immature lol's.

I'd be up for testing, as I have a PC. You'd better MacPort it, though!

Looking good, Gan.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:59:17 PM »
Immature lol's.
Oops, fixed.

I'd be up for testing, as I have a PC. You'd better MacPort it, though!
Awesome, and I will port it when portability comes out.

Looking good, Gan.
Thanks. ;) Expect more features by tomorrow.

-Gandolf

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »
Will windows gnome defender ever be done?  :(
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »
I will beta test :)

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
Holy crud, I'm sorry Gnome. I forgot entirely about it. Though, if you can make each card's image on your game a bmp file and stick that with your game's code in a text file than I can make a windows version of it in 20 minutes. Or less.

I will beta test  
Thanks. :)

-Gandolf(Even fix that bug you have on a certain level)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:32:57 PM by Gandolf »

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 05:34:51 PM »
Holy crud, I'm sorry Gnome. I forgot entirely about it. Though, if you can make each card's image on your game a bmp file and stick that with your game's code in a text file than I can make a windows version of it in 20 minutes. Or less.

-Gandolf(Even fix that bug you have on a certain level)

I'll get it to you as soon as I can.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 08:03:48 PM »
Cool, thanks Gnome.

Also, expect beta testing to begin tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Or anytime this week.

-Gandolf

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 09:56:47 PM »
Just fixed a huge bug in the server, client, and tile system. This bug would eat up 50% of your cpu. If you had all three running, your computer would crawl with all your cpu eaten away.

Every moment is a moment closer. :D I can't wait.

-Gandolf

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 10:11:49 PM »
xtremeworlds looks cool, but is it for macs?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 08:42:08 AM »
Sadly, no.

-Gandolf

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
Hey guys, I have some bad news. Satyricon and I decided to try out the server over long distances (He lives in Sweden). We couldn't get the client to connect.

We port forwarded his router and it gave us no mercy. If anyone has a few ports on their router forwarded or want to wait till I can get my router forwarded to test it. Please post here if you can be of any help. Whether you want to run the server or try to connect to mine(When I get it running).

Also, progress isn't halting in the least bit. I'm starting on the database system and username/password system.

-Gandolf

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »
Hey guys, I have some bad news. Satyricon and I decided to try out the server over long distances (He lives in Sweden). We couldn't get the client to connect.

We port forwarded his router and it gave us no mercy. If anyone has a few ports on their router forwarded or want to wait till I can get my router forwarded to test it. Please post here if you can be of any help. Whether you want to run the server or try to connect to mine(When I get it running).

Also, progress isn't halting in the least bit. I'm starting on the database system and username/password system.

-Gandolf

I could setup my router to forward a few ports and test it out, just let me know. Do you use AIM? If so it might be easier to communicate there, just send me your SN over PM.

Ghost

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 02:46:50 PM »
Awesome, thanks. Will pm you shortly. (Pmed you)

-Gandolf
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:59:20 PM by Gandolf »

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »
Awesome, thanks. Will pm you shortly. (Pmed you)

-Gandolf

Sorry, my windows machine isn't starting, so I can't test it. I'll send you back a PM if I can get it up and running.

ghost