Topic:   We should seriously...   (Read 274495 times)

alias

Re: We should seriously...
« Reply #240 on: December 08, 2008, 10:07:48 PM »
It seems like the best hosting possible, i mean tech support is right here and its not like you can get a better deal than that for free. Also eclipsestudios.gamemakersgarage.com is a fine domain name, it shows are homebrew gaming roots.

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2008, 12:13:36 AM »
Just come to a consensus on a subdomain, and I'll create the account. It'd be nice if you just figured out amongst yourselves who will need/want access to the account, and what your subdomain will be.

Example:

Subdomain: eclipse.gamemakersgarage.com
Users: ghost, email@gmail.com
 Â          blippity, blippity@blappity.com

I'll randomly generate passwords and email them to you. For those of you who already have a hosting account here, I can just link it to this account as well.

Ghost
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:13:46 AM by admin »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2008, 07:47:51 AM »
Could it be eclipsestudios.gamemakersgarage.com?

When we get out own subdomain, we'll change it to www.eclipsestudios.com. But for now, as alias said, that's a great domain name.

Things to try and get done ( December 9th/08 )

1. Create/finish mock up website and start laying out basic information. We can have a Forum (DONE), a Blog for news, Projects for completed games and things, and About for contact info, about us, and history. Link it to the subdomain.

2. Download iPod Touch/iPhone SDK, hopefully I'll be able to pass it around and not have to log in with private information.

3. Finish the design of Ricky (Simon Clone), with Endurance (Get as far as possible, choose from your unlocked skins), Level (progress through 3 skins, classic, techno, and abyss), and Versus (You vs A Friend via WiFi). The Settings menu will contain volume controls, and a link to our website. Wait, I guess that's DONE now.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:48:07 AM by Swampthing »

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »
Swamp,

Can you get a free hosting account with PHP?

PM me the info and I will start making the site

Mist

Since it sounds like Mistron is going to be designing the site, for now I've given him access to the account. If others want access, let me know. Mistron-- the login information is the same as your other account, except the hostname is eclipsestudios.gamemakersgarage.com and the phpMyAdmin interface is at mysql.eclipsestudios.gamemakersgarage.com

Enjoy!
Ghost

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »
Sweet! Thanks ghost, I hope Mist comes online so we can get to work on that. :)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »

Johnny it is! Awesome name! I can see it now...

"The Chronicles of Johnny: End Of Eternity"

That would make quite a movie.
lol! Thank goodness I decided to read through the whole topic. ;D Where dost thou getest thy hilarity from Swamp?
I survived the spammage of 2007

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #246 on: December 09, 2008, 05:37:02 PM »
Me mind is all ol' long-john Silver! *no pun intended*

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2008, 05:38:56 PM »
Ok...

Well

A few points:
  • Thanks Ghost
  • I am not actually part of Eclipse studios :) I just want to help you guys out, however RedRasor.com may sponsor ES games and I may make some games under the ES title so don't count me too far out.
  • You guys could use one of these (http://www.freedomain.co.nr/) as a domain name...
  • I won't be able to make the website before next week... because of homework, however, I will make the site and you should not worry about it.

Mist (PS Thanks again Ghost, I can't believe that we forgot about the GMG's hosting :P)
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2008, 05:55:44 PM »
Awesome, thanks Mist.

Btw, if ES ever needs some Obj-C/Cocoa Programming help (other then the programmers we have on team) I'll be sure to come to you first. :)

ES, I think, will be primarily an iPod Touch/iPhone App developer, with other Mac apps separately.

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2008, 05:03:17 PM »
If you're gonna set up a company (and no I have not read the full 17 pages of topic, that's just way too much, even for me :( ) then you should consider a business plan! Ha ha!

My theory is start with an end product and work your way back, so rather than going artist > canvas > subject > painting, you go painting < subject < canvas < artist but that's a very brief and in no way detailed example.

Consider this detailed example; start the plan from a finished game.

IDEA
^
Story
^
Characters
^
Essential programming
^
Art
^
Sounds
^
Programming extras
^
Testing
^
Documentation writing
^
Distribution methods
^
FINISHED GAME

See what I did there? Worked my way back. The more you plan the better you are  ;D

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »
lol!

Or, as the Unicorn instructed Alice on how to divide the cake: "Hand it round first, and cut it afterwards."

Release the game first, then make it. (after you've gotten the good reviews of course!)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 05:32:17 PM by Silverwind »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »
See what I did there? Worked my way back. The more you plan the better you are  ;D
Unless all you do is plan
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »
After seeing Eq's awesome mod of the ToF interface I feel a renewed sense of enthusiasm in the project. Well, kinda. A bit. The point is I feel more drive when other people are working on similar projects; it gives me something to aim for, as I can try to meet the standards of the other game. That's why I'm so sluggish developing ToF nowadays, nobody else is publicly working on an RPG.

And so I say: Eclipse Studios, get cracking on an RPG! ;D

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #253 on: December 14, 2008, 05:07:23 PM »
Btw Mist, how is the site coming?

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2008, 05:36:06 PM »
nobody else is publicly working on an RPG.
*ahem*