Topic:   Android & iPhone Development   (Read 6416 times)

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

Android & iPhone Development
« on: March 15, 2010, 04:14:13 PM »
This quarter I took a computer networks class where we created a VOIP client for Android, and I must say I'm very impressed with the API. Those of you familiar with Java and Eclipse should definitely take a look if you're interested; by now Android is very well documented and is emerging as the primary competitor to the iPhone.

Anybody considered making games for the iPad? Using that big screen for an RPG would be killer! I'm really impressed with the iPhone apps you guys have been creating here. Why not polish them into a final product and sell them for a buck or two on the app store?

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Android & iPhone Development
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »
We're considering it. :) I think the question on everyone's mind is how good our polish is.
I survived the spammage of 2007

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:23:54 PM »
Why not polish them into a final product and sell them for a buck or two on the app store?
thats what ive been thinking, just finish it, cause they have most of the game itself done

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:43:17 PM »
I'm skeptical of the iPad; I think any computer-like device without a built-in keyboard is doomed to fail.  But I don't even own a cell phone so what do I know?  I suppose I'll stick to my GM.   ;)

I agree iPhone development seems to be where it's at.  Unfortunately the statistics for users actually using their downloaded apps paint a pretty depressing picture.  Luckily developers get the money whether their app is used one or one hundred times.  
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:43:45 PM by Charlo »