Topic:   Happy Holidays!   (Read 7308 times)

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

Re: Happy Holidays!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 02:30:46 AM »
Mario doesn't jump high enough.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 08:16:03 AM »
Mario doesn't jump high enough.
enough for what, hit can stop goombas, he can hit thblocks. so what are you talking about.

if its laggy it is your computer, the timer is set to 5, it runs pretty smooth on mine, its just a fun parody game i made for xmass

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 11:53:09 AM »
The game would be good if it wasn't un-playably laggy. Maybe its just my computer.
It ran fine on mine.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »
It ran extremely slow and laggy on an intel iMac.

-Gandolf

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 03:23:33 AM »
enough for what, hit can stop goombas, he can hit thblocks. so what are you talking about.

if its laggy it is your computer, the timer is set to 5, it runs pretty smooth on mine, its just a fun parody game i made for xmass

He doesn't jump high enough to jump on Goombas easily, which is the normal way Mario kills Goombas. Often times when I jump I find myself running into them instead of going on top of them.

Ghost

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »
without that the game would have no challenge, thats the only thing you can come up with? wait till you release something (if you ever do) im gonna analyze it with a fine toothed comb

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 06:31:07 PM »
without that the game would have no challenge
Not true, the original mario didn't have that unresponsive timing and it was still very challenging.

thats the only thing you can come up with?
No, there are probably many other things, but you can't see those because that very annoying "challenge" rears it's ugly head every time you press a key. Unresponsiveness is a bug/error, it shouldn't be part of a game.

wait till you release something (if you ever do) im gonna analyze it with a fine toothed comb
Seeking revenge after constructive criticism(critique) is not a very mature thing to do.

-Gandolf

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »
It is only a matter of time until Eq turns on the rest of us.  :-/
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 12:33:53 AM »
without that the game would have no challenge, thats the only thing you can come up with? wait till you release something (if you ever do) im gonna analyze it with a fine toothed comb

chill out, you were the one who flat out told somebody their game sucks. i'm just offering constructive criticism-- in the normal version of mario, he jumps much higher, and the game is still very challenging.

also, i'd be glad to have you analyze anything i make with a fine tooth comb-- it'll make my products much better, and i'll probably bring in more money because of it, so i encourage it!

ghost

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 01:48:11 AM »
It ran extremely slow and laggy on an intel iMac.

-Gandolf
Ran fine on my 2.4 ghz intel iMac
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 09:42:20 AM »

chill out, you were the one who flat out told somebody their game sucks. i'm just offering constructive criticism-- in the normal version of mario, he jumps much higher, and the game is still very challenging.

also, i'd be glad to have you analyze anything i make with a fine tooth comb-- it'll make my products much better, and i'll probably bring in more money because of it, so i encourage it!

ghost
like i siad, its just a parody game i made for xmass, remember its a sidescroller in SC

gandolf, to be totally honest, the compiled version is extremly responsive on my g4, restart your computer or something

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 10:03:51 AM »
Wait...  you're right. It does run much faster now.

This is actually a really nice game. The graphics are original, the gun adds an extra spice, and this is a finely developed game. Great job Eq.

-Gandolf

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »
Its a christmas Miracle!
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.