Topic:   Attacks on the NHS   (Read 14699 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Attacks on the NHS
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »
No. Well, maybe... Yeah, yes I am. I could see this turning into a debate on illegal immigrants.

-Gandolf

Good Lord! Forget I said it! How's the weather over there have you see any good movies lately nice sig by the way is new tie I'm wearing...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 05:13:13 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »
Sorry, should of phrased that differently.
With NHS, everyone gets health care paid by taxes? Even illegal immigrants?

Of course everyone gets treated, though they also have to pay for their treatment. Insurance usually covers a portion of the pay, but won't NHS cover all of it? Even those who don't pay for NHS through taxes?

Yes. Everyone gets healthcare. If an American is on holiday in Britain, our service will pay for their treatment - however I believe Obama's policy wouldn't give illegal immigrants any healthcare treatment (however I should point out that all of white America and all African-Americans are in fact immigrants in the first place).

Yes, again, the NHS is paid for by the taxpayer, even if you have health insurance. If there are people getting away with not paying tax, then the tax system needs to be reformed too. Our NHS pays for all medical bills, except certain prescriptions (in which case you have to pay about £7, depending on your income and/or age).

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »
Buh. Of course illegal immigrants shouldn't be paid for by taxpayers. However, who do you think pays for the illegal immigrants who go to a hospital, get treated, and can't pay? Oh wait... it's the taxpayers. Like I said, this is already a problem, and it won't be made any better or worse by having public healthcare.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 08:01:39 PM by WarHampster »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 08:13:29 PM »
Except, that is, the dreaded waiting list and sudden decrease in jobs. (Also the billions-trillions of dollars paid to get the ball rolling)

-Gandolf

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2009, 08:15:11 PM »
I've asked this of you before... how exactly will a NHS cause a "sudden decrease in jobs"?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2009, 09:13:10 PM »
You know, I really don't know. I'll have to research a little.
Though I'm thinking it may decrease jobs because the government is paying the doctors, and less doctors = more money? Possible. I have debate class on Monday, I should be able to dig up some harms in all the blasted paper work(Depending on how well I file information).

-Gandolf

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2009, 09:44:40 PM »
I'm thinking it may decrease jobs because the government is paying the doctors, and less doctors = more money?

lolwut?

You're so lucky that you actually have a debate class... my team practices once a week for like 15 minutes.