Topic:   Sinterklaas xD   (Read 3450 times)

Teruri

• GMG-er

• This personal text couldn\'t be worse
Sinterklaas xD
« on: November 15, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »
"Sinterklaas" is a holiday. Here is some information about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas
It's for childeren, so I'm not going to do anything with it (no presents for me :( Maybe with Christmas :D)

He arrived today. It's for small childeren, but I still enjoy watching the shows about him, it's a common thing to make the shows about his problems. This time the steamboat was to slow, the house Sinterklaas and his zwarte pieten sleep in is locked and the keys are inside.

I sometimes hear that Santa Claus is based on Sinterklaas when Dutch immigrants went from the Netherlands to America. I don't know if it's true.
Max 500; characters remaining: 466

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Sinterklaas xD
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 11:53:31 PM »
Why are we talking about this now when Sinterklaas isn't until December 6th?
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:08:22 AM »
He arrives in November. Actually, he arrived yesterday. So all small childeren can put their shoe infront of the fireplace and get something small in it the next day.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 09:24:13 AM »
Wow, that's an amazing tradition! No sarcasm! Thats awesome! :D

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »
Does he come to Ohio because one time I went to Ohio and when I woke up Christmas day my shoes where full of candy and it way really sad because I didn't know and it made a very squishy sound when I put my feet in them. Well you probably can figure out the rest of the story.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 01:29:47 PM »
Well, it's a fake. The parents put the presents and candy in their childerens shoes.
And the presents given on 5 decembre are bought by the parents too.

So someone else put the candy in your shoe. Candy in your shoe is better than a scropion.
And it's mostyl an European tradition. But the Netherlands and Belgium (the Dutch part, not the France part) are the two countries that celebrate it the most. I doubt that anyone in the USA would celebrate this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:31:34 PM by Teruri »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 01:41:35 PM »
So my parents pulled that prank on me. I should have known. I thought it was my brother.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:41:57 PM by Tireas_Dragon »