Topic:   Spore   (Read 7169 times)

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

Spore
« on: September 27, 2008, 09:49:07 PM »
If you have leopard (orginal computer, it doesn't work for upgraded ones) Then you NEED to get spore. AKA the BEST game ever.

Website http://www.spore.com

Overview: The best game ever! You start off as a single cell, but evolve to and advance to control the galaxy! The best part, all other beings were made (but not controlled by) other players.

Cell stage: Basically a tutorial, eat other cell well trying not to get eaten by cell bigger then you, you collect part that start off the basic anatomy of your creature. E.g. Proboscises = omnivore. You do this until you grow a brain and crawl onto land.

Creature Stage: You now begin the race to evolve. Attack or befriend other creatures, collect parts and grow your brain until....

Tribal Stage: Your Small nest of creatures becomes a tribe. In real time, you can hunt, attack, or befriend other tribes, conquer enough until...

City Stage: Like Civ IV, except real time. Customize your Vehicles, cities, and buildings. Conquer the world and...

Space stage: You go into space! You can do missions, make colonies on other worlds, terriform barren worlds into habitual ones, and even find earth! There are over 10,000 planets, making it impossible to "beat" the game!

AND THATS JUST SCRATCHING THE SURFACE!

Vids[/i]
I will post vids once my internet stops being weird.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Spore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 12:19:12 AM »
What do you mean by it doesn't work for the upgraded ones.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:52:39 AM »
it requires a graphics chipset of GMX3100, upgraded computers would still have GMA900. Which it doesn't work on. Which is why I have to run it on my mom's..... PC.....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:52:58 AM by Gnome_Again »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »
I've checked it out, read some reviews, and sure, it's a MASSIVE game, but size isn't everything.

My main gripe is the gameplay - it tries to do too many things, and while doing them successfully, it just doesn't focus enough on each stage.

There is such a thing as "Too much of a good thing", and I think Spore is a perfect example of that. Awesome concept, but just a little too much to take in for my liking. Thanks for the review though!

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 11:29:37 AM »
I actually agree with you to an extent. The stages could be much better, I thought the CIV stage was too short, and Tribal stage could have been more extensive. But overall It is one of the best games I've ever played.