Topic:   News/EPIC STORY   (Read 4116 times)

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
News/EPIC STORY
« on: July 13, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »
Hey guys, brace yourselves, warm up a glass of milk/coffee/hot chocolate/other beverage, and get ready for an epic story of adventure and heroism. Well, minus the heroism part, but definentaly adventurous.

As you may have noticed, I haven't been posting or creating games as much as I used to. I assure you, I LOVE to do this, but I haven't had the time lately. Affecting factors being Tennis, Paintballing, Movies, and much, much more. It IS summer after all, and here in Canada the weather is too great to stay inside on my computer (albeit an EPIC one).

On to my story, being the main reason why I was "AFK", per say. I've known a guy in London (UK)  for a LONG time now, hes a great long distance friend of mine, and he may be coming to Canada. But enough of that - Me and him are the leaders of the RDC (As I've said before) and we decided to make a theme song for the clan, in celebration of its formation. And so we did, took a few days and it's complete.

Everyone loves it, and the kicker is, my friend showed a DJ in London. The DJ loves the song, and he asked us to make a 5 track album. So guess what we did - exactly that. Struggling over a group/band name, I suddenly had a thought - Tetraeon. And then it was decided, our group was to be called Tetraeon. Sounds like an epic geometric shape, with a Techno ring to it, which is what we are - a techno/trance/electronic band. And so we started on the songs.

Week after week, hour upon hour, webcam chats and time logged on MSN piled up as we created musical masterpieces. Each song was carefully arranged and set up to convey a theme, be it "Love and War" with the name of the song being "Can Something Remain?", or "Dreaming" in "Tetraeon Fall", "Space and Exploration" in "Solarise" and many more, we created 5 radically different songs. Feeding them to the DJ and receiving feedback (Glowing, Positive and AWESOME Feedback) was always great.

When we finished 4 of the songs (Still working on the vocals for the 5th and final song on the album), we received mind blowing news - the DJ liked the songs so much, he wanted them to play in Clubs all over London. This guy has connections, and he's going to make it happen. Come Thursday, our songs will be in clubs and getting known. Here's a glowing review from a fan on a site of which I will link you to later:

"Finally, some tracks that are actually true to the trance genre. This is really great stuff that reminds of some great "desert trance" albums that I owned years back.

I have been really disappointed with modern trance offerings. Thanks for giving me a reason to love trance all over again."

Needless to say, this gave us a boost of confidence and we began to put our songs on the internet for listening, not for download. And we have been racking up the listens and fans ever since. So the first album is called "Tetraeon Fall" - and more news, if this gets big enough, we may even get a record deal. I know. Epic. Two guys, me 15 (16 in a month) and him 18, halfway around the world, getting a record deal and a studio. It's possible!

So anyway, I'll finish up here by apologizing for my absence and linking you to the sites where our songs are, and where the cover art and upcoming shows are as well. Hope you guys enjoy our stuff!

http://www.thesixtyone.com/#/tetraeon/

www.myspace.com/tetraeon1

Anyway, I'm off to finish up that final song, any feedback is appreciated. As well, create an account on thesixtyone, that site is great - like digg (Hopefully you know what that is) but with music, it needs to be more well known. If anyone wants a refer, then just post here as well.

Talk to you all soon, keep on gaming/making games/rocking at whatever you do!

-Swampy

P.S HOLY! Looked it over, and if you did read it, thank you for taking the time. :D

P.S.S DON'T move the milk to the left. Trust me. (Inside Joke)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 12:57:34 PM by Swampthing »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: News/EPIC STORY
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 05:13:33 PM »
Well I listened to your songs and their pretty good. Although they are probably much better, I am just more of a classical music kinda guy.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

alias

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »
EPIC! Definitely game story line material lol.
I listened to some of the songs, although im not really into this sort of music i liked it. Its like pendulum but mellower and more rythmic (i kno their drums and bass not techno).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:00:50 PM by alias »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 02:20:49 AM »
Wow, epic story indeed! Nice one Swamp!

I'm not really into trance, but I can appreciate the work that must have gone into those songs. I like the bridge in Solarize, and Tetraeon Falls has a catchy rhythm. :)
I survived the spammage of 2007

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »
Nice, I might have to break out the old glowsticks and do a jig!
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:42:23 PM »
Thanks for all the replies guys, glad you actually read it over! I'll reply to each of you individually:

TD: Thanks for the compliments, they are very good in the genre and people like them - classical is good too :D

Alias: I'd agree, can see the title now "Swamp's EPIC ADVENTURE OF AWESOME"... lol - thanks for the comparison to Pendulum man, that's a compliment! :)

Silver: lol, thanks again Silver, a lot of work did go in to them :D and glad you noticed the details and liked our songs!

Gnome: LOL GLOWSTICKS! Great stuff! Considered a compliment as well.

All: Sign up to t61 (thesixtyone), people need to use and know about this more! Also, put Swamp7hing (me) as the refferer, I get points and so do you :P.

Thanks for all the replies, and one last thing - ghost, it just hit me how well put together this community is again, great stuff!

P.S May be making a great game soon, after we release our album.

- Swamp

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:44:03 PM by Swampthing »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 06:42:18 PM »
May as well keep you guys posted, the first sample album is done and we've started work on the second "official" one. More epic story to come, so warm up that milk again. I know you didn't finish it last time.

So, people are really liking our stuff. By that I mean we are getting known in that genre. Anyone here heard of "DJ Tiesto"? He's the biggest DJ in the world. Anyway, was on his Myspace and in his chat, said I liked the design of the site and what was going on. Soon after, I was Private messaged by the chat Administrator about my compliment. Told him about Tetraeon, and we got to talking.

He really likes our stuff. Even better - turns out this guy works at Prime Time Management - he's the secondhand man to Tiesto himself. And because he likes our music so much, we can send him some of our music, and in turn he can give it right to Tiesto, and get it playing in larger clubs. Its completely legit. We get credit. All the contact info checks out. He recommended we send our music to a few labels first, and see if we can get it signed. This is a huge possible step.

This is for real. So we're working hard and getting known, recognized, more popular. It feels great. All of our current songs are going to a DJ to play in the less known clubs sometime next week - still recording vocals and touching it all up.

Thought I should give you guys updates, let you know what I'm feeling and whats going on, if you're interested. Hope to get your thoughts and opinions as well. More music to come soon. (I have to make a game, agh :) )

-Swampy

P.S Hope my second post was epic enough.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 06:43:57 PM by Swampthing »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »
P.S Hope my second post was epic enough.
Awesomely so! Excellent stuff Swamp, make sure to keep us updated the more rich and famous you become! :D

EDIT:

Oh btw, if you have a site with your music I'd gladly post a link to it on Roguesoft's website.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:08:56 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 01:23:57 PM »
Awesomely so! Excellent stuff Swamp, make sure to keep us updated the more rich and famous you become! :D

EDIT:

Oh btw, if you have a site with your music I'd gladly post a link to it on Roguesoft's website.

I sure hope so, its not against the law to dream about rolling in the money. Its just cool how we're doing it for fun and getting recognized for it. :D

We're working on an official site at the moment, but I'll be sure to post a link here when its complete. Until then, you can always use our T61 page, located at:

http://www.thesixtyone.com/#/tetraeon/

Thanks for your interest Silver! :) I'll be sure to kep you posted.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 01:24:29 PM by Swampthing »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 02:41:52 PM »
Hey guys, its Swamp here with another short but sweet update.

We have completed all 10 songs for the album pack (Tetraeon Fall & Solar City) and are going to try and digitally distribute, and send it to other DJ's (get them in on it). Our partners know people, and they in turn know more people.

We're getting known! Working on the MySpace and a site as well. All in all, its coming along. Expect more updates soon!

- Swamp

alias

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 11:00:23 PM »
Im expecting to hear ppl at my school talking about your music any time soon.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 08:58:33 AM »
Im expecting to hear ppl at my school talking about your music any time soon.

Really? Because that would rock!  8)