Topic:   New Forum RPG   (Read 3616 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
New Forum RPG
« on: June 05, 2008, 02:54:09 AM »
One of the main RPers of Toya is setting up his own forum RPG. The amount of detail he's given the world is really impressive. The forum skin is quite hard on the eyes though. Anyways, I said I'd spread the word:

http://www.freewebs.com/caserlic-aefter/Frameset.htm
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: New Forum RPG
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
Is this a forum rpg?
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:48:21 AM »
I' a little confused on how forum RPGs work, can you explain it to me? ???
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:15:42 AM »
Well forum rpg's are where you post what you do and the Game God or what ever tells everyone what happens.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
Basically a forum RPG is an RPG without limits. The game could branch situations and events far beyond the capability of a programmed game, where the walls are set in stone. (if that makes any sense)

The whole game is centered around players participating in RPs. (Role Plays/Quests/Scenarios/Adventures/Whatever...) RPs can be created by both Dungeon Masters (Admins of the site) and players. To create your own RP you just start a new topic with your RPs name in the title and list any points of interest in the first post, for example, the max amount of players you want to participate, or the general plot outline. (If you have any at all that is. An RP might start with a player going to the shops to buy a new weapon and end with a gang of players slaying a dragon!)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 04:19:27 PM »
True it has far more capabilities than any computer rpg, but I did 1 of those once and I wasn't able to stop until it was over and I lost much time that I could of spent making games. (I get more enjoyment making games than playing games)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »
True it has far more capabilities than any computer rpg, but I did 1 of those once and I wasn't able to stop until it was over and I lost much time that I could of spent making games.
Yeah, occasionally DMs have odd rules such as the "Preserve Activity" rule. It's advisable that you read the rules and guidelines before joining a forum RPG. (which are often annoyingly long) As for "not being able to stop", they can't force you to post! ::)

(I get more enjoyment making games than playing games)
Same here. I wish I'd finish a few of them though. ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 05:52:53 PM by Silverwind »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 06:19:37 PM »
When I play games I want them to have and end, but when I make games I just want to add more and more.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
Hey then I guess I sorta made one myself, on my own forums, too bad all traffic ended on forums about a month ago... :-[

It started out as a drawing game in grade school, you drew stuff and told what it did to help. I t was turned based so no one had the advantage, unless they drew more. Then everybody moved away, so we keep it up on the site forums.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 04:56:48 PM by Gnome_Again »
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.