Topic:   Random Maps in GM   (Read 11893 times)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Random Maps in GM
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 11:41:04 AM »
I am sure in SC it would be a whole lot easier considering you can use arrays and stuff.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »
Did you use the "make and connect rooms" approach? I don't even know how that would work without arrays.

Teruri

• GMG-er

• This personal text couldn\'t be worse
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 12:04:18 PM »
I tried to make a rouge like game with random maps once. I failed.

This rocks!
Max 500; characters remaining: 466

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »
it would also work better in sc cause it could load maps instantly instead of loading each sprite one at a time

i dont really see where the random aspect comes in, looks like theres a hundred pre-programmed areas?, can you explain in more detail what this system does?

my only compaint is the ending picture isnt sexual enough, its actually in no way sexual or provacative, what was speed racer rated anyway, G or PG?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:10:30 PM by EqwanoX »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 02:55:15 PM »
Well the areas aren't preprogrammed they are remade every game make a few games and you will see that the start locations look different. (you could also look at the files and see that they change as well.) Its not 100 different sets of random maps. The files are just my way of using arrays in GM. I can access a file in a very similar way of accessing an array variable so its pretty much the only way I could do it.

P.S. Speed racer was rated PG.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »
Think.
It causes pain, strife, addictions, women viewed as objects instead of what they deserved to be viewed as. Increase in teen pregnancy, spread of STDs, ect... It literately clouds their minds to the point that most of the time that's what they think and it affects their actions.

-Gandolf

Actually, sex is the strongest and most emotional physical connection two people can have, normally initiated out of the love and affection between two of the opposite sex - who, by that point, would never think of the other as an 'object'.
Not everyone is a sex addict. :P And sex, if safe, really isn't bad. It's not wrong, either. It's actually the purpose of human life.
But this topic isn't to debate the pros and cons of intercourse, anyway.
Its to talk about this game.
WHICH ROCKS.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:32:25 PM by Swampthing »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 11:11:14 PM »
But this topic isn't to debate the pros and cons of intercourse, anyway.
Its to talk about this game.
WHICH ROCKS.
;D
Yes, I agree. Very awesome how you(TD) were able to make a map/path maker.

-Gandolf

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 07:48:05 PM »
Game Updated. The cheat now works correctly. (The original link has been updated)