Topic:   Random Maps in GM   (Read 11899 times)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Random Maps in GM
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:09:11 PM »
This is a small game I made in GM that uses random maps. So now for the first time ever (i think) a GM game with a random map generator.
 The games name is kiss the girl.
 Â Download link
WARNING: Game could contain content that may be considered inappropriate for children. The game has been rated PG.
I give complete credit to WarHampster for the land graphics and Silverwind for the sprite graphics.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:49:29 PM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Random Maps in GM
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 08:23:01 PM »
That's really nice. Though my nephew was standing next to me when I beat the game. Unfortunately according to statistics, when people below the teenage years are exposed to sexual content, it increases their sexual activity by 30% in their teenage+ years.
Though I like how there are always open paths and such so the player can always move on a path.

-Gandolf

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
Unfortunately according to statistics, when people below the teenage years are exposed to sexual content, it increases their sexual activity by 30% in their teenage+ years.

So?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 09:53:12 PM »
Think.
It causes pain, strife, addictions, women viewed as objects instead of what they deserved to be viewed as. Increase in teen pregnancy, spread of STDs, ect... It literately clouds their minds to the point that most of the time that's what they think and it affects their actions.

-Gandolf

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 10:25:06 PM »
How the fuck is a man and women kissing sexual content?

Game is meh, the map generation is awesome!! What sort of procedural algorithm did you use?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:25:55 PM by WarHampster »

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 10:38:23 PM »
Think.
It causes pain, strife, addictions, women viewed as objects instead of what they deserved to be viewed as. Increase in teen pregnancy, spread of STDs, ect... It literately clouds their minds to the point that most of the time that's what they think and it affects their actions.

-Gandolf

Wow Gan, just wow. All from your nephew seeing someone kiss a girl? Watch the disney channel sometime. ;)
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »
That's really nice. Though my nephew was standing next to me when I beat the game. Unfortunately according to statistics, when people below the teenage years are exposed to sexual content, it increases their sexual activity by 30% in their teenage+ years.
Though I like how there are always open paths and such so the player can always move on a path.
LOL (I wouldn't really call it sexual content)
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 11:44:37 PM »
Yeah, I guess my reaction to it was a bit overboard. It popped up unexpectantly, my nephew's eyes stared at the screen, then he silently walked away(which he never is silent or walks). Truthfully this is classified as sexual content but clearly the statistic was aiming at something a bit more extreme.
Sorry about pulling this off topic a bit, really cool engine though.

-Gandolf

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 01:45:09 AM »
Do you believe in birth control?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 05:02:38 AM »
No way. It's right up there with Santa and the Easter Bunny. Completely fake. (Mike, don't try to pull this further off topic. If you want to discuss various birth control topics you can pm me. I can hand over statistics, stories and even pharmacies)

-Gandolf

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 08:06:53 AM »
WOW!! That's incredible! How did you do it TD? I've often pondered a random dungeon generator but never passed the pen and paper stage. Your engine is absolutely incredible, and if my reasoning is correct you did it all on a single card, right? I'd love to see the source.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »
Believe me it wasn't easy. My brother gave me a LOT of tips. After the creation of the V7 engine I knew it would be possible. All I had to do was make it.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »
V7? What in the name of George Formby Jr. is V7?
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 11:20:29 AM »

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »
this is really clever, im also interested in how you did it