Topic:   Have you guys ever thought...   (Read 13719 times)

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
Have you guys ever thought...
« on: April 06, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
Have you guys ever thought of creating a single company with all of our skills? I know that it is a little sudden, but just think, if we all volunteer for this and start up a standalone company, we'd hopefully have at least 3 people in it (Silver, Me, Mist), and maybe others could join in as well. This would be a great opportunity to do great things.

Single company games tend to be better, and because many can contribute ideas and work at once,  and due to this the games become more involving overall.

I'm not saying that there would be no more Adgames, Roguesoft, or Redrasor, just another company website with our team games listed on it. And, hey, if RAR merges, all for the better. A more chomperhensive list of games.

I'm just tossing ideas around here. Let me know what you think.  ;D

P.S Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but we could brainstorm names as well. We'd no longer be three stand alone people with stand alone companies. We'd be a single, all out, gaming company. That would be a great start for all of us.

Employer: "Any experience in games before?"
You: "I did own a game company I created myself once" Employer: "Any employees?"
You: "Nah, just me."
Employer: "I see."

OPPOSED TO

You: "I did work with a game company that my friends and I created."
Employer: "Any employees?"
You: "Yes, around 6."
Employer: "You're Hired"

:D

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:25:35 PM by Swampthing »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Have you guys ever thought...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 02:51:59 AM »
That's a very good point admittedly, but I love Roguesoft too much to let it fade into the mists of time.

It's certainly something I'll think more about though.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:05:10 PM »
That's a very good point admittedly, but I love Roguesoft too much to let it fade into the mists of time.

It's certainly something I'll think more about though.
I'm not certan that you said that on purpose but it was funny...

I could help out with making a community project but I am not really that much of a GM user.

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 04:42:03 PM »
I would work on a project or be in a company as long as its using silver creator...

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 04:48:17 PM »
Hey Hampster, you should upload any games you made in SC to the Game Maker's Garage. :) What kind of games did you make?

alias

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 02:33:56 AM »
Have you guys ever thought of creating a single company with all of our skills? I know that it is a little sudden, but just think, if we all volunteer for this and start up a standalone company, we'd hopefully have at least 3 people in it (Silver, Me, Mist), and maybe others could join in as well. This would be a great opportunity to do great things.

Single company games tend to be better, and because many can contribute ideas and work at once,  and due to this the games become more involving overall.

I'm not saying that there would be no more Adgames, Roguesoft, or Redrasor, just another company website with our team games listed on it. And, hey, if RAR merges, all for the better. A more chomperhensive list of games.

I'm just tossing ideas around here. Let me know what you think.  ;D

P.S Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but we could brainstorm names as well. We'd no longer be three stand alone people with stand alone companies. We'd be a single, all out, gaming company. That would be a great start for all of us.

You: "I did own a game company I created myself once" Employer: "Any employees?"
You: "Nah, just me."
Employer: "I see."

OPPOSED TO

You: "I did work with a game company that my friends and I created."
Employer: "Any employees?"
You: "Yes, around 6."
Employer: "You're Hired"

:D

That sounds like a fair idea but not very accesable. Maybe a group project with us all working together to make a professional quality game.. possibly to promote game maker?

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 02:49:01 AM »
I'd participate in a project like that. That's what LW was gonna be, but we decided to wait for 4.0 before continuing work on the app itself.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »
Let's call the company Mazemind.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 02:23:29 PM »
I was thinking something more along the lines of "Radeon Games", or... PANTLESS GAMES

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 02:34:36 PM »
How 'bout

AWESOME MAC GAMES
Games that don't suck

This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
LOL something maybe a little less generic.  :D

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 07:15:52 PM »

That sounds like a fair idea but not very accesable. Maybe a group project with us all working together to make a professional quality game.. possibly to promote game maker?
Professional quality games could never be made with GameMaker, because to be professional quality these days a game has to be 3D.   ;)

alias

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 08:41:54 PM »
Thats just not true. Heard of Geneforge? Battle for wesnoth? Look at all the old Pokemon games and Zelda games on gameboy. All these games are sprite based.

Go play avernum, its tile based and turn based... and popular.
I dont mean shareware professional quality games, i mean like small company free ware type professional. The kinda games u play on your cell phone.

Id personally like the name "Focus Studios" or designs and games wateva. It what i used to call my graphics community.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:43:00 PM by alias »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 03:59:17 AM »
Thats just not true. Heard of Geneforge? Battle for wesnoth? Look at all the old Pokemon games and Zelda games on gameboy. All these games are sprite based.

Go play avernum, its tile based and turn based... and popular.
Beautifully said. Had I been first to post a response I would have made an SLP (Silverwind length post) rant along the same lines. You've summed up the point however.

Two of the greatest living examples of 2D genius are The Sims and Majesty. Look them both up.

alias

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 07:09:45 AM »
Haha thank you, do i get some sort of SLP commemorative medallion?

You make a good point. I personally think the original Geneforge was one of the best games ever made. And again, a VERY professional game. Myst. Could easily be emulated in Game Maker.

I think its worth a try to see how far an RPG in game maker could go.