Topic:   Dolphin Emulator   (Read 3002 times)

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
Dolphin Emulator
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »
http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/

Want to play Gamecube games on your computer? I didn't. Until I realized that I could play SSBM online. This is where you can get the Dolphin Emulator, a magical program that lets you play Gamecube and Wii games on your computer.
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
Re: Dolphin Emulator
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 12:39:13 AM »
I just want to note that I don't endorse emulating. It's generally a good idea to buy the games. But after messing around with Dolphin, I feel that if you use an Xinput controller, you get the same experience that you would with the actual thing, minus a few slight differences (ie. Super Mario Sunshine, where you can't run and shoot water at the same time.)

This is definitely cool technology, though, considering how hard it must be to program. GameCubes have PowerPC processors, and if you've ever tried using a pre-2006 Mac... well, you know. Compatibility and stuff.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »
It is impressive, in fact I got it to work on my Macbook and tried to play the game Viewtiful Joe. It worked beautifully, but had tons of lag during gameplay.
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 01:48:58 PM »
Interesting. Mess around with the video settings. You should be able to fix the lag. I'm playing animal crossing. Works great. Recognizes the clock and everything. I named my town City 17. It's pretty hilarious, because you start on a train moving to a new city. XD

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »
I might try this out. I hear you can hook up a Wiimote with it through bluetooth.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 08:52:13 PM »
Yeah, you can. I've noticed some audio glitches with some games, and a bit of occasional lag, but being that it's in beta, it's still a fantastically done program. Haven't tried out the Wii functionality because my computer doesn't have Bluetooth.