Topic:   Any of you guys feel this way?   (Read 7819 times)

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
Re: Any of you guys feel this way?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 04:01:43 PM »
Gan, I'm assuming the DLC becomes available upon beating the game? Because if I recall correctly, the dwarves closed off Stone Basin because of the recent raid on the Elf village, making it open after the problem is dealt with. Or do parts of it become active if purchased before completion?
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »
I can add a button after the town congratulates you that says "Purchase the rest of the adventure? ($0.99)"
When people play a game, they don't like to see that you can download more adventures. But after they beat the game, if suddenly boom, an option for more adventure pops up. They could be like, heck yeah!

Of course if you'd rather the more content button be on the main screen, I could do that as well.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »
I like the idea of a secret second quest for those skilled enough to beat the first.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »
Another cool idea. If we want to switch from normal tiles to Silver's new fancy tiles....

*Just gave artifact to elves and people are leaving to help repair the elven village, they'll hold a party to celebrate later*
You stand outside the closed under dark cave and ponder all you've went through to save the elves, human village, dwarves and possibly the world when...
*Shooooooom - Green light*
Elven Wizard: Why hello again adventurer!
Elven Wizard: I've been cleaning up the dragon's remains(dragon bones are essential to wizardry research) and happened to come upon this...
*The wizard reaches into his robe and pulls out a shiny dark red egg the size of a human skull*
Elven Wizard: Yes apparently you slayed a mother dragon. Of course dragons aren't inherently evil which means destroying this egg would be a cruel and hideous atrocity.
Elven Wizard: Which is the reason I'm here. The burden of this egg falls on you.
*Hands egg to adventurer*
Elven Wizard: Before I go, I have a gift for you.
Elven Wizard: I've noticed you seem a bit short sighted. Let me fix that....
*Whole screen goes white, fades back to normal*
*Wizard is gone and new tiles are in place where older tiles were*

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 05:54:06 PM »
That would be great, if the new ones are as complete as the old ones. Post the tileset.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 06:24:46 PM »
I pm'ed you the link.

Silver's gonna send me the latest and greatest Roguesoft resources soon.

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
Oh man. Ill have to get in on this project. Right now I have exams though so after those monstrosities ill be able to do more stuff. Anything with Silverwind involved I must join!
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 01:21:38 AM »
You know what? I got a good feeling about this. The people I see posting here have stuck around even when we've become such a small community. It sounds like a project we can finish.

I'd like to join you, by the way. ;)

I love making characters and monsters. And tile artwork. And puzzles. And music.

And Hey! Good to see you Silverwind, we haven't talked much for a while. What have you been up to lately?
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »
I'm unhappy when I'm not programming, building or thinking about building something.
And right now I feel that way.

I used to feel that way all the time a few years ago, but I've been so busy with my real job that I haven't felt like doing much programming. However I was just showing someone my web site and looking through some of my old games and things on there and I was thinking Wow. I really want to update some of this stuff and make some new things.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
Sorry it's taken me so long, but the current sprite set - and everything else I've ever produced - is nearly uploaded. I'll post a link as soon as it finishes :)

And Hey! Good to see you Silverwind, we haven't talked much for a while. What have you been up to lately?
Great to see you're still around old boy! :D I'm enjoying the after Christmas lull at the toyshop, as well as the resulting increase in free time, which I'm spending song writing and teaching people the good news about Jesus. I've been hit with game ideas from time to time that I'd love to follow up, but it would require brushing up on JavaScript and HTML5, so I'm not banking on it anytime soon. I've lost all patience with web development!

You guys seem to be buzzing away with projects though! :D Are there any RPGs in the works? Where's Eq these days?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:21:47 PM by Silverwind-san »
I survived the spammage of 2007