Topic:   Terraria   (Read 31029 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Terraria
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 03:47:18 PM »
I don't like server commands either. If we are to make mods, they need to be graphical mods. Not command mods.
They must require no typing.

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
Vanilla=no mods.
That's not exactly true though. I just don't like the server mods. They're confusing.  The commands are weird.

Terraria has enough in it that it doesn't need many mods. I can see why you'd want teleportation pads, but isn't that what beds are for? I enjoyed the sense of adventure one gets when traveling in Terraria. If you just poof there, is it really a game? If you can justify warps and warp pads and stuff as not cheating, you could justify character editors. One edits a character to not waste time getting the items. One uses warp pads to not waste time getting from point A to point B.

But when it comes to the point that your just wasting time, and not adding to the experience of the game. Plus the pads would require something like 10 iron to make
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »
You're right Kurt.

Anywho, the whole point of me hosting Terraria is to bring the GMG closer together so we can have fun and work together! To do missions and to relax.

Therefore I am setting restrictions on Terraria. Terraria will only be hosted 1 night a week. From 4pm central time to 12pm central time.

What day would you guys have Terraria to be hosted on?

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 02:36:03 PM »
I think sunday would be the best for me, I'm often at debate tournaments on saturday, that may or may not end before 4. Although there are only two left sooooo, I'm find with saturday too.

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:35 PM »
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all good nights for me.

Is it now OK to develop our characters outside of the GMG server world?  I don't like having to compete with everyone for items and natural resources.  It makes it hard to enjoy playing with other people.  If I had to gather as much stuff as I possibly could in an 8-hour period once every week, it would just be terrible.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all good nights for me.

Is it now OK to develop our characters outside of the GMG server world?  I don't like having to compete with everyone for items and natural resources.  It makes it hard to enjoy playing with other people.  If I had to gather as much stuff as I possibly could in an 8-hour period once every week, it would just be terrible.
Yeah, you can develop your characters outside of the GMG world. I would suggest making your own world, not cheating, gathering, ect. I think it'd have a positive effect if you guys collected stuff on other worlds just for when we go on missions. Probably make it a bit more enjoyable.

Looks like the window has narrowed to Sunday or Saturday. Any other votes?

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
Not tuesday. Thursday is my favorite day of the week, so, I'm in favor of that. It's good that you're only doing it once a week now. I was playing way too much. Also, it will be more likely to run into people online that way.
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
Have we decided yet?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »
Yes!

The GMG Terraria party server goes up tomorrow! At 4pm central, maybe earlier depending on certain events in the day. Though it will go down at 11:59:59.99pm.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2012, 10:30:02 AM »
YES!  8) TERRARIA! 8)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:18 AM »
GMG party server was up last night. Zoo got on, then Circuit, then I.

We battled creatures, built a bit, plotted to kill Circuit in his sleep, and started a plan to flood Hades with water.

Zoo left shortly after we starting making the tunnel to hades. We explored deeply, found much treasure and underground houses but we weren't able to locate the mechanic.

So after digging we came up with the idea to flood hades. After dumping lots of water down the tunnel we realized that water evaporates in Hades. So in order to flood we'd need a ton of water to dump at the same time.
So we started building the water resevoir above hades. I dumped water into it but the resevoir wasn't big enough. The tunnel flooded for 2000m. So Circuit and I made the resevoir bigger and bigger to accomodate all the water clogging the tunnels.

The tunnel has been cleared and the resevoir is huge.
The plan is to find a mechanic, wire dynamite to the bottom of the resevoir, hit the switch and BOOOOOOOOM!
All that water will flood into hades at the same time. No time to evaporate. Thus we'll have a pool of water to safetly turn magma into obsidian. Then we'll be able to safetly find shadow chests and super awesome items.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2012, 12:40:58 PM »
Wow. Tune in next week! Same bat time! Same bat IP address!

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
I wish I could've got on, I was grounded  >:(
oh well I'll have to try next week

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »
That was a lot of fun.  I look forward to playing again next Saturday.  :D

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »
Me too. I was playing terraria way to much though. Part of me is glad it switched to once weekly, part of me wishes it was every day.