GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
Re: Terraria
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »
in short, yes
in long , HELL yes  ;)
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »
Wall of flesh? AWESOME! let's kill it! We need to in order to make MEGASHARKS anyway, I think. Plus it drops a gun. Or is that some other thing. whatever, lets do it.
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »
In other new, my Connors character and his goggles will still be visiting the server often because that was cool. But I also want to go in a singleplayer world with a new character and try to get all the stuff myself. Without borrowing or cheating items.
I know what you mean.  I wish I hadn't duplicated all that stuff.  It took away all of the challenge and made the game less interesting.  I hope I didn't ruin the game for you.

You guys wanna fight the wall of flesh?
I'd like to but I'm not sure that we're ready for that.  We need to build a long bridge along the surface of the underworld before we do that, because the wall will constantly chase us and force us to run away.  Also, we'll need really good weapons and armor.

I have a G3 ibook running Ubuntu and I figure I can make it run Terraria server. ... From both, I hear you can run on linux and use them to add mods into the game.
They both support Terraria 1.1.
Cool.  Version 1.1 has some new things and fixes some bugs.  I wonder if it will work in the same wrapper...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:04:57 PM by Circuit »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Server is up! It's mission time!

I'll be joining. Skipping class cause my dog is sick. So I could go AFK at random times to take care of my dog. She's looking pretty miserable right now.

As for the 1.1 server, I'm gonna try to get it working but I may only be able to get it working on my new mac instead of the G3. Cause the G3 is a pretty sucky machine.
So, at least that'll be an upgrade even though we won't have a dedicated server.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 07:07:35 PM »
Sick dog? Sounds awful. My dog once got carsick on a trip. He was sitting on my lap in the back seat of the car. I don't want to go into detail, but basicly he exploded out both ends. Not pretty. I can't go on, because the computer is taken by my brother, and this piece of junk couldn't play terraria if I could even stand the lag. Might be on later though.

We're getting megasharks, right? I mean, those should be good enough. And with 4 or 5 fully equiped in GMG armor and minisharks could easily beat it I think.
If we can get Kurt, Circuit, Gan, Connors and I all on at once, I doubt there would be any trouble beating it. I mean, 4 of us together beat skeletron, and it was no contest.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 05:02:50 AM »
Big update!

I got the server upgraded to TShock Terraria 1.1.1. Meaning not only do we get the latest features, it's now mod-able! So go to TShock's forum, find mods you like, post them here and I can put them in.

The reason I couldn't upgrade to the latest 1.2.3 was because I couldn't get the client to work on mac. So we'll have to settle with 1.1.1.

I've attached the Terraria 1.1.1 client to the end of this post.

Now, with this update comes bugs. I have figured ways to fix these bugs.
When you download the client, go to settings and do this:
 - Change the lighting to Retro. *VERY IMPORTANT* If you don't, you'll experience slowness and incredible memory usage. As well as graphical bugs.
 - Change Graphical Quality to Low.
 - Turn background off.

That's it. Then just log in as normal. Having the window at it's normal size will allow a fast and lag-less game. Expanding the window will cause the game to be slower.

Hope you guys enjoy this. I believe it also fixes the Wall of Flesh bug/glitch.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:19:01 AM by Gan »

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
What new features are there? Are they worth giving up graphics for? We'll need to start our characters all over.
And, is there a mod that would give you infinite items? I could build some pretty neat stuff in SP with that.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »
Old characters work just fine with 1.1.1. If they don't, that means Terraria is looking for them in a different folder. You just need to move your old character file to the new folder and it'll work.

As for sound... I'm gonna look into that.

Version 1.1.1 Changes---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Fixes / Performance

Reduced the amount of RAM needed to run Terraria.
    Added an option to turn backgrounds off.
    Improved the automatic game quality adjuster.
    Lighting update wonít skip as much on lower quality levels.
    Items dropped on death for hardcore and mediumcore characters will retain their conditions.
    Space Gun now has a value.
    Water Bolt can now have conditions.
    Diving Helmet now works correctly.
    Walls now correctly show behind Glass Blocks.
    You can now untie bound NPCís with Autopause enabled.
    Mediumcore and hardcore players will drop their cursor item on death.
    Coins held on the cursor will correctly be dropped on death.
    Dryadís Corruption and Hallow status numbers are correct.
    Wyverns are less common and will be less likely to spawn near the ground.
    Mana Flower's price has been increased.
    Fixed the shadow glitch of trippy lighting.
    Music Boxes no longer dupe when placed on platforms.
    Fixed an issue that caused stacked coins to go missing from chests during multiplayer.
    Cursed Torch item now emits light in water.
    Harpoon can now be reforged.
    Lighting will now be set to Retro instead of crashing if Terraria is unable to switch to the new lighting mode.
    Keybindings will no longer sometimes be set to "None" automatically.
    Bombs thrown by clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
    Crystal Shards now give off light in retro and white color mode.
    Hallowed Armor only has graphical effects with the helmet.
    Players now have hair under their hats.
    Statues no longer turn into Armor Statues when they are smashed from the top.
    Clowns only throw bombs when their target is alive.

Items

Added Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
    Added Green Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
    Added Snow Blocks.
    Added Snow Bricks & Walls.
    Added Red, Green, and Blue Lights.
    Added Presents that are dropped by monsters during the holiday season.
    Added Snow Globe.
    Added Santaís Outfit.

NPCís

Added Snowman Gangsta.
    Added Mister Stabby.
    Added Snow Balla.
    Added Santa Claus.

World

Snow biomes will always be created during world gen during the holiday season.  There is a 1 in 3 chance for snow biomes to be created during world gen during the rest of the year.

Version 1.1 Changes---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPCís

There are thirty-six new monsters!
    The underworld has a new master, the Wall of Flesh.  Defeating him will unlock new challenges for your world.
    There are three harder versions of the older bosses.
    There are now three new friendly NPCís that can be rescued after specific conditions are met.
    The Dryad will now tell you the percentage of Corruption vs. Hallow in the world.
    Made several small changes to allow for better underground cities.
        New NPCs will spawn in their homes underground, instead of on the surface.
        Worms will no longer spawn when near a friendly NPC.
        Underground towns will now reduce, and eventually stop, enemy spawning.

Items

Added thirty-nine statues that are scattered around the world.  Some of them do special things when activated with mechanics!
    Star Cannon : Shoots faster.
    Sandgun : Sand shot from it does more damage, and it shoots faster.
    Blowpipe : Now listed as ranged.
    Goblins no longer drop rocket boots during an invasion.  Instead they are sold by a new NPC that can be rescued underground after the player has defeated the Goblin Army.
    Boomerang type weapons are listed as melee.
    Added four new armor sets.  Each set has different helms that give bonuses to melee, ranged, or magic, respectively.
    There are twenty-one new accessories.
    Weapons and accessories can now have random conditions that modify their stats.  These conditions can be changed for a price by visiting a new NPC.
    The crafting requirements for Molten and Jungle gear have been reduced.
    Some accessories can now be combined at a Tinkererís Workshop.
    Colored Torches can now be crafted out of Gems and Torches.
    Added Mannequins that are crafted out of wood.  Place armor on them for decoration/storage.
    Added the Wrench to place wires.
    Added Wire Cutters to remove wires.
    Added Pressure Plates, Switches, and Timers to activate devices.
    Added Music Boxes that record and play in-game music.
    Added Pumps to transport liquids.
    Added loads of other new items and weapons waiting to be found!
    Putting the Guide Voodoo Doll in lava is now a bad idea...or is it?

Lighting / Display

Terraria now has smooth, colored lighting!  You can toggle between the four lighting modes: Color, White, Retro, and Trippy in the Options Menu or by pressing F7.
    Made several lighting and display optimizations to increase game performance.
    Added automatic graphic quality adjustment based on the gameís frame rate.  This setting can be toggled in the Options Menu.

Multiplayer

Fixed a problem with item syncing for newly connected players.
    Fixed a bug that caused graphical issues for playerís using automatic weapons.
    Added a limit to how often the server can broadcast NPC update packets.  This prevents NPCís from trying to update every cycle which would cause massive amounts of lag.
    Reduced the amount of data needed to transmit tiles down to 25%.
    The server now only broadcasts tile data to the players who need it.
    The server now withholds some NPC, player, and projectile packets based on player distance from them.
    Fixed a bug where water is consumed when a player cures Corruption with Purification Powder while standing in water.

World

Above ground tunnels may now be created during world gen.
    Smashing Demon Altars with a special item will cause new ore to appear around the world.
    Defeating the hell boss will now increase the difficulty of the world.  Harder monsters will spawn, and the Corruptionís rate of spread will be greatly increased.
    Defeating the hell boss will allow the Corruption to spread underground, over sand, stone, and Sunflowers, and through Jungles, destroying them if you let it!
    There is a new biome, The Hallow, that will be created when the hell boss is defeated.
    Removed obsolete lighting code, reducing both RAM usage and world save file sizes.
    Added several small features to world gen.
    Tweaked the way and amount of Underground Mushroom biome spawn.
    Demon Torches now appear in shelters generated in the underworld.
    Underground cabins may randomly spawn around chests.
    Different styles of wall can now be placed next to one another without showing the background between them, allowing for more creative building.
    When nearing the top of the world, the player will now leave the atmosphere and be less affected by gravity.
    There are now three types of traps that are generated underground.  Watch your step!
    Cacti no longer damage players.

Game Interface

Items being held by the mouse will now be used by left clicking.  This allows the player to place objects without putting them on the hotbar.  Right clicking will now drop the item.
    Placing objects on grass will now destroy the grass.
    The crafting menu now scales to fit the size of the screen.
    When the inventory is open, the number of the selected item in the hotbar will appear in green.
    There is a new NPC housing interface that can be used to assign living areas to NPCís.  This interface will also tell you if a room is missing any requirements.

Misc

There is a new music track for The Hallow biome.
    Underground Corruption has its own music track.
    Underground Hallow has its own music track.
    There are two new boss music tracks.
    Greatly reduced world save file sizes.
    Decreased tile frame detection time by 15%.
    Your trash can is now emptied when you die.
    Added an auto select hotkey that will pick a tool from the playerís inventory based on what their mouse is hovering over.  This defaults to Left Shift.
    All players will now leave behind tombstones when killed.
    There is now a random option in the player creation menu.
    Female players now have separate armor graphics.
    Added a new mechanical system!  Holding a mechanical item will display the wire grid to create interesting new devices.
    There are new overworld backgrounds for each biome!

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug that would cause the server to think a player is dead if he/she reaches 1 HP without dying.
    Fixed a bug that wouldnít allow players to craft from the ammo slot.
    Fixed a bug that would crash the game when player tried to draw water outside the bounds of the world.
    Fixed a bug that would cause mana regen to ignore stat bonuses given by armor or accessories
    Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the game to crash when growing Underground Jungle grass.
    Wooden Platforms no longer attach to non-solid objects.
    Placing and removing items during the placing animation will no longer destroy the item when it is collected.
    Fixed a bug that would cause graphical abnormalities when the lighting changes dramatically.
    The FPS display (F10) shows the correct number.
    Fixed a bug that swapped the lighting of players pants and head armor.
    Fixed a problem that would cause water to settle in strange positions.
    Fixed a problem that caused objects with transparency to appear darker than they should.
Then on top of those changes, there's also the TShock updates. Allowing smoother gameplay, less bugs and mod-ability.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2012, 11:09:20 AM »
Where can I find mods?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 11:26:03 AM »
Somewhere in here:
http://tshock.co/xf/index.php

I'm attempted to fix bugs. If I can't, I'm gonna try getting the client to work with Wine.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2012, 01:12:16 PM »
Actually, the problem is that the player editor is for an OLDER version of terraria.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
We can stay at 1.0.6 until a reliable newest version comes out for mac.

I dunno if the Wall of Flesh bug is fixed in TShock 1.0.6 but hey, we'll having modding ability. So we can probably mod him back in.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »
And my players might work?
Where do I download it?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »
1.0.6.1 download is on the first page of this thread.

I'll have to get the TShock 1.6.0.1 server running though.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »
I can't get my character to come back on that one. Great.