Topic:   Eqypt, tryrrany, destruction, and no internet   (Read 3676 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Eqypt, tryrrany, destruction, and no internet
« on: January 29, 2011, 10:03:09 AM »
What do you think about it?

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
Re: Eqypt, tryrrany, destruction, and no internet
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
Not much to think other than "terrifying" and "oh shit."

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:37:09 AM »
Do you think they should dump their 80 year old pharaoh who's been in office since he was 30? Is democracy what they need?

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 01:23:03 PM »
i dont really watch news so i dont even know anything about this but democracy is obviously the best form of government, america is only 300 years old and look at how its flourished over other counties that are thousands of years old. so thats proof right there. communism is the greatest evil created by man.

anyway, why are the forums dead all the sudden?

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »
*cringes*

Egypt Communist?
The US just a "democracy"?

These words are so misused.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:26:22 PM by WarHampster »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 02:50:18 PM »
I dunno. Last I checked we were able to choose our own pres.

x

• GMG-er

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »
I dunno. Last I checked we were able to choose our own pres.

Lol @ sarcasm?

Assange is a pretty cool guy eh kills government secrets and doesnt afraid of anything.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:01:23 PM by x »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
America wasn't originally a democracy. America was a republic meaning it was ruled by law and the constitution set the guidelines on the law. However, over the past 100 years America has swayed more and more to democracy.

Constitution/Article 4/Section 4:
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government.

American Pledge of Allegiance:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Notice the word Republic. The word democracy is never used in the constitution because America is not a democracy. However, I do not believe America will stay a republic for much longer as most of the population already believes that America is a democracy and majority rule keeps on getting promoted.

Also in America we may think we are able to choose our president by voting but that is incorrect. First of all their are requirements, not anyone is allowed to be president (For example: you must be at least 35 years old) Also when we vote we are not voting for the president at all. We are in fact voting for electoral college members. Those members then vote for the president.

America is still not a democracy, but it soon will be. The problem with a democracy is this:
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.