Topic:   Labyrinth Progress Topic   (Read 40142 times)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Labyrinth Progress Topic
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »
No offense but did you read the stuff before this EQ I am storing the whole maze on a single card (it has not been mentioned that I was using sprites). Charlo made his maze game that uses multiple cards. It inspired me to work on a game that uses 1 card. Also I have no idea what game you are talking about. I actually have finished the Navigation system too it just gets kinda glitchy in long hallways, plus I got the Battle engine to work and it works perfectly.
P.S. Thanks for pointing out that the interface needed work.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »
I also have better news the Battle Engine is up and running at 496 LoC ;D
Wooooow... very impressive, but what exactly is the computer doing that requires such a monstrous amount of code? Have you done a rigorous compression job on it yet?
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 05:04:21 PM »
I try to know what part of the code is what so I have about 25 REM statements. It is actually quite compressed before is was about 550 lines.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 09:17:08 AM »
yes! i found it, its an sc game though, check it out http://www.savefile.com/files/1551200

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 10:10:28 AM »
Since I am primitive in understanding Silver Creator don't think much of my opinion but, I think this is using a different card for every square. Doing it this way is very easy In comparison to what I am doing. If only GM had methods than my script wouldn't take so many lines of code. (well actually it would still take the same lines of code just a little more organized.)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 10:13:31 AM »
Wooooow... very impressive, but what exactly is the computer doing that requires such a monstrous amount of code? Have you done a rigorous compression job on it yet?
Its not what the computer is doing but what you are doing. I think I am going to use buttons for attacking tho so I can insert spells and such.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:52 AM »
yes! i found it, its an sc game though, check it out http://www.savefile.com/files/1551200
I've played that before. It's very impressive. :)

Its not what the computer is doing but what you are doing.
Yeah, but what is the computer doing when the player clicks the left or right arrow for example?

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »
I have it set up so that the Computer does everything separate from what you do that way if you stand still he will walk over to you and cut you into pieces. This saves enormous amounts of code. If I put the Computer AI script in the ONKEYDOWN command this would be pushing on 700 lines of code.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »
Ok, but that still doesn't answer my question. I mean, what is the computer literally doing that takes 365 LoC to execute? I mean, is it revalueing dozens of variables or what?

(revalueing should be a word)

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »
Impressive.  Puts my game to shame.   :D

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
Ok, but that still doesn't answer my question. I mean, what is the computer literally doing that takes 365 LoC to execute? I mean, is it revalueing dozens of variables or what?

(revalueing should be a word)

Well the computer really is only moving and attacking that take about 100 LoC. But the interface takes more than 300 lines of code. Inputing these things and doing all this takes a lot of code. With methods my battle engine would only take about 150 lines of code in the card script

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 09:00:36 AM »
I was just wondering with my code complete it should only take a few minutes to make mazes (even tho monster sprites are still tough) How many levels should I put in Labyrinth.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 09:04:36 AM »
Anywhere between 5 to 10 would make a good GM game. :)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 09:23:47 AM »
I'll work on a beta version with 5 levels and see if there are any needed features. Then the whole game with features included with 10 levels.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:25:08 AM by Tireas_Dragon »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 09:45:42 AM »
Sounds good. :)