Topic:   Labyrinth Progress Topic   (Read 40135 times)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Labyrinth Progress Topic
« on: April 29, 2008, 11:52:56 PM »
Well if you have been reading the Dead man's cave forum you would know that I talked about a game called labyrinth and I have been working hard to complete it.
Here a link to a demo I made.
 http://www.mediafire.com/?u0j3vxh5zoa
Well the reason for the hard interface is that making a good interface would be increasingly difficult on 1 card. This way I can have 200 mazes and room to spare. It is very card efficient and easy to program. But I still had to make the original code which was difficult. But now that I have the code I can make mazes in minutes.
If you are wondering the battle engine is gonna be unlike anything you have ever seen in gm. So prepare for your eyes to pop out of their sockets. Actually don't, cause that would be gross. If you have any questions please post them in the forum.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 05:35:28 PM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

Re: Labyrinth Progress Topic
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »
I have Truly wonderful news  ;D I have just finished making a fully functional and amazingly powerful battle engine for the labyrinth. But I might need some help in completing the game. My battle engine works in the 1st person shooter mode, (If you don't know what I mean play doom or quake or Wolfenstein) and being such I need the monster to appear, the monster appears but I don't want just 1 monster. I know some on you people have real mad skills in drawing stuff so if you would draw some monsters up close and far away for me that would be great. Plus you get to have the honor of being put in the credits.
P.S. If you want to see my battle engine I can show you it.

I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
I know some on you people have real mad skills in drawing stuff so if you would draw some monsters up close and far away for me that would be great.
Why not just draw a single large monster image and then resize it a couple of times for the farther away images?

If you want to see my battle engine I can show you it.
Cool, post a link! :) What do you mean by powerful? What can the monsters do?
I survived the spammage of 2007

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 04:21:35 PM »
I downloaded the demo.  It seems unique, but hard to figure out.  In other words, too difficult.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:50:25 PM »
That the link to the battle demo. The monsters can cut you into pieces so running up to them and just standing their fighting (by pressing a) won't end to well.
http://www.mediafire.com/?u0j3vxh5zoa

I know what you mean Charlo. I am going to try to develop a code for looking at walls at least 1 square to your right and left.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 05:35:49 PM by Tireas_Dragon »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 06:46:18 AM »
It would be better if you could see the corridor in front of you, rather than just a brick wall. The navigation system looks good though.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 08:22:01 AM »
how the hell do i play this? i think i press a to attack but is that it? cani move around? why is the brick wall a circle?

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 09:57:06 PM »
The brick wall is a circle because you are using an ultra-phosphorescent flashlight, and it makes circles of light. Unfortunately this light would get wider as you got farther away from a wall, and thus see more than just the wall in front of you. Also you use the arrowkeys to move.
P.S. I still am trying to make it possible to see walls to the right and left of you.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 11:02:25 AM »
someone did that in one of the games in the contest

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 07:44:37 PM »
Yes but I believe Charlo used multiple cards. I am trying to develop a code with stores whole mazes on 1 card. BTW I finally created my code and it works. ;D There is just 1 problem. The game gets very glitchy in long hallways. :( This problem will probably be fixed in GM4. Anyways I now have to get this imported to the battle engine.

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 08:10:37 PM »
Yeah, I used multiple hand-drawn cards.  I didn't feel like putting in the effort to actually code a "3D" engine.  I'm glad somebody's doing it.  :)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 11:20:51 PM »
Trust me it isn't easy. But I have made much progress but when I convert it to the battle engine it is taking to many lines of code so I have to find ways to lessen the code. But I am doing fine at this.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 03:26:15 AM »
Sounds good so far TD. How much LoC does the nav system have?

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 09:11:44 AM »
Well after spending much time trying to figure out what LoC means (lines of code) I finally came to the conclusion that it means lines of code. So to answer your question the navigation system has about 356 lines of code. I also have better news the Battle Engine is up and running at 496 LoC ;D

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 09:32:57 AM »
instead of useing seperate cards just use sprites

someone else also made a 3d nav system that used sprites and there was a working demo for it too, anybody know what im talking about?