Topic:   Lost Winds - Refreshed Thread!   (Read 35942 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Lost Winds - Refreshed Thread!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »
My guess is that his internet went down again. I think it was down all last month.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
The current lw is developed too much. It's going to be a pain erasing and replacing all the code, so does anyone have the LW simple chat application? I can probably get a rough draft of the online code in about a day with that.

-Gandolf

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 03:49:32 PM »
I'm not sure if there ever was such an app, I think Mist developed the chat code within the main app. He has a compiled version of the chat concept, (within the LW download package) so perhaps he still has the source for that.

Do any of the Apple Script documents contain the chat code?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 03:49:51 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2008, 08:36:45 AM »
I have a chat test source code that works. I just tried it.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »
That's all I need. :D
Could you upload it?

-Gandolf
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:53:20 AM by Gandolf »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »
Thanks Swamp, I've got all the up to date LW files. That's a good idea of adding Ethumbra to the Island zone. :)

Oh, a note on mapping: The scrolling nav engine I'm working on uses 3x3 of the 7x7 grids I usually use, so rooms are significantly bigger. (9 times bigger!)

Here's an example room with the old tileset:

Alright, I'm back, and a LOT to upload and tell. Well I was at my cottage, I made a lot of stuff for lost winds. In this post I'll comment on everyone's posts up to now.

Firstly, in response to Silver's post, I merged what weve done, added more, and in a nutshell created, tiled and textured the whole world, and all the dungeons. I created 4  "JingCasts" which will tell you more about what I did. I also typed out the beginnings of a Game Guide and a HUGE document thoroughly explaining the 10 quests I came up with (as well stated that I would do). I'll also update the first post ASAP.

Now Eq: I have done a lot :D and I hope its ok if I'm project lead :P so we need to work on the real time engine, but as I see it looks like there is more posts after yours. A lot more.

Gandolf: Lol, replied in another topic already. We'll find a way, don't worry.

TD: Any help we can get is great! You're in, welcome to the team. I'll update the first post.

Alias: I'm sure there is more then one way to read a battle system (File IO), as well try to keep the morale in this thread positive, this project is a Must do.

Silver Again: (In response to both his posts) I have an EPIC  LW folder, I'll upload that ASAP, you'll see how much we have and how organized it is.

And to Gan And Silver, great stuff with the Online Functionality so far, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

TD and Gan: Exactly, right! And I have the old apps on my comp, I'll put it with the zipped uploads in my next post.

Silver and Gan: I have a bigger and more organized folder on my computer, with lots of goodies in it. Ready for upload too, so get that in my next post. No idea bout' Mist, though.

Last 3! Gan, Silver, Al: Again, great stuff, and I have those files, but it seems Al has solved the problem.

Well, that brings it up to date. As well, I assume you're all on macs - do you have MSN or iChat? We could actually have live video meetings, which would rock. Hard. (While at the same time doubling productivity).

Sadly, the uploads will have to wait for now. Talking to my GF at the moment, so you guys can hold out.

P.S - How's that engine coming Silver?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:53:29 PM by Swampthing »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 04:11:14 PM »
Aim - "mattgandolf" and I believe my msn is ["gandolfmatt" at "hotmail" dot "com"]. I will be on iChat and msn for most of the time.

Again, great stuff, and I have those files, but it seems Al has solved the problem.  
I'm waiting for Al to upload it. Than I will experiment with sending not only chats back and fourth, but also data such as player position.

-Gandolf
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:46:52 PM by Gandolf »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 04:16:52 PM »
Great stuff, and I'm done talking to her for now. Which means I can upload! As well, it would be best if we shared the important files through another service. One that doesn't allow for EVERY forum visiter to download our unprotected work.

I'll MSN add you and wait until we get more people for iChat.

Also, is it gandolfmatt[at] ho.. nevermind, you just logged on.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:24:57 PM by Swampthing »

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »
I'm waiting for Al to upload it. Than I will experiment with sending not only chats back and fourth, but also data such as player position.

I'm updating it now. It drops the first and last characters from the info sent because it was made before GM eliminated the returned strings quotes automatically, so I'm fixing that.

I'll upload it tonight.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »
Thanks. :D

-Gandolf

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 07:20:56 PM »
I have the link for the LW folder, its uploaded and ready to go. I'll PM it to project leads.

And Al, how's the file upload coming along? :P

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2008, 07:41:23 PM »
Well if I am going to help I am going to need some sort of piece of the project to work on. So what should I help build/work on/improve?
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2008, 07:54:01 PM »
I'm off for the night, almost done updating the front page. TD, you can check the front page and see if there's something you can add or a problem you can solve. :D

Edit: I don't need to go yet, after all.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:02:12 PM by Swampthing »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »
If you want the download package, send me a PM and I'll be sure to get it to you ASAP. I recommend all those involved get it, and MSN as well. (Possibly iChat, if you guys think that could help). The front page will be getting constant updates, and I need that banner code again :D.

If you wish to get involved, again, post with what you can offer and I'll look it over.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:08:58 PM by Swampthing »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »
Alright, I'm gonna dive into the lw proj. folder and digest as much of the server codey goodness as much as possible. I've got 4 hours to play with it.

-Gandolf