Topic:   The iPhone Project   (Read 365983 times)

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
Re: The iPhone Project
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2009, 10:06:14 PM »
I though WarHampster's was decent.. Just have Zorphues the demon at the end as the last boss. Also my idea was pretty good with the Kakan's... Maybe the Kakan's threw the main character in, and the final boss is Zorph..
Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
I though WarHampster's was decent.. Just have Zorphues the demon at the end as the last boss. Also my idea was pretty good with the Kakan's... Maybe the Kakan's threw the main character in, and the final boss is Zorph..

Well there's a reason why his name is mike, anyone care to tell guthan some basic GMG history.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 10:10:21 PM »
Anyone care to tell me?
Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2009, 10:17:55 PM »
Ehh... too much history. I'll sum it up very shortly:
In WarHampster's story, the characters are names and reflections of actual people throughout Gmg's history. A long time ago before this version of the Gmg, there was a war, GameMaker Vs SilverCreator. I believe there is a neat video someone made of it somewhere...
Though eventually the Gm forum went down indefinitely and is still down today. Shortly before that, Ghost built the Gmg and all Gm's members moved to the Gmg. So in essence, instead of a Gm Vs Sc war, it could now be a Gmg Vs Sc war. Mike is the head of Sc.
If I missed anything, feel free to add or changed any misinformation.

-Gandolf

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2009, 10:20:56 PM »
Ok I will. GMG is a combination of survivors of two forums/gamemaking communities. Silvercreator and GameMaker. Both are similar and we chat a lot, but there is always the occasional flame war. Silvercreator is lead by mike and GameMAker by Al. The GM community is all here, and most of SC is here too, but there is always the conspricy that Mike is trying to undermine the GMG, by increasing the dividers in the two communities

This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »
A quick 5 second Gmg Forum logo for the game credits instead of the Rougesoft logo.
Eh... If we do add a Gmg logo, we'll also keep the RogueSoft logo. Silver is the head of RogueSoft, created all the great tiles/sprites. Credit's due to Silver, no matter what happens, the logo stays.

NONONONNOONONONOOO @ interface and story

Story:

It's an alternate European dark ages. You are an aspiring knight traveling around looking for monsters to battle. You hear that a great warrior-king (Mike) has built a magnificent hall and is and looking for the best warriors to join him in civilizing the land and unifying Europe. You eagerly rush off to the hall and offer Mike your services, but discover that it's a trap - the king is really trying to round up all of the land's warriors and kill them so he can take over. Cackling, Mike throws you into the dungeon.

You must battle through the monster-infested dungeon, escape, and defeat Mike once and for all. Along the way, you meet allies in the form of other knights (GMG members) who have also been thrown in the dungeon, and battle knights who have defected to Mike's side (SC members).

I'll make a interface soon.
That's a pretty good storyline, a Sc Vs Gmg approach. Works closer to the goal of having our characters represent us in the game. Though can we fit it in such a tight space as the restrictions allow?

heres mine, although I REALLY like WH's.

After 1000 years of peace, the kingdom <name> had softened. The only resemblance of an army was the royal guard, a more ceremonial group which you are a part of. Then all of a sudden all evil in the world suddently united, and the 5 major cities in the world were captured. Its up to you and the guard to put a stop to this.
Pretty good, though it looks like this should be a full blown RPG. Not sure we could size it down to our size.

I like all these ideas. We may just have to set up a poll for whose storyline to pick. Though it'll have to be detailed and follow the restrictions set. Also the style of the tile and sprite set.

Do you guys remember the storyline for Lost Winds? If it's good, we may be able to use that. Or maybe any of the other group project stories.

Ah, gotta remind you guys...
Main Idea: To create a simple free RPG for the iPhone platform by utilizing the unique abilities of all the members of the Gmg forum.

-Gandolf

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2009, 10:59:23 PM »
Just have Zorphues the demon at the end as the last boss.

What is Zorphues...

LOL You know, this could look like GMG and SC members are at war.

Not trying to start another war, just thought it would be funny.

I think mine would be simple to make, just have the game split into a few different sections of the dungeon. For example the first section (the deepest level of the dungeon, remember you're trying to get to the surface) could have X tile set, be ruled by X SC member, and let you talk to X GMG member. The GMG members can help you by selling items, giving hints, ect.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2009, 11:28:02 PM »
Good news guys. Cross Country is over this next week. That'll give me more time to finish my homework, get more sleep, work on the Simple RPG, do some house work, and procrastinate.

-Gandolf

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »
WarHampster, Zorphues is a demon. If you looked at my concepts for him on page five you'd probably know that. He has a beastly name.
Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2009, 09:28:14 AM »
I'm thinking I should set down some storyline restrictions now:
- Storyline can't be huge. A proper size for it would be the size of Yipe I or II. (Look it up if you've never played it)
- Relevance, all characters/names have to be derived from the Gmg/Gm/Sc with their actual personality as part of the characters.
- Style... Let's follow a brighter, heroic, and adventurous style such as Silverwind's tiles were made for and what Gnome's interface portrays:

It'd probably be good if the conflict in the story was just a problem in a local town, or a few local towns. No huge, death, extinction, bodies on da flow, world wide crisis.

-Gandolf
P.S. Think less towards overused concepts and more towards original but not totally strange ideas. Such as a few of the storylines Silver posted in the storyline thread.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:29:56 AM by Gandolf »

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »
This should be the in-game interface. It's bright, and looks a bit more realistic.
Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2009, 09:37:40 AM »
It does look a bit more realistic though that may not go in favor of the style of Silverwind's tiles. It also clashes with the text, making a bit of an eye strain to try to read your stats.
Overall it stands out and wouldn't look so good while playing.

-Gandolf

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »
More readable:
Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »
That is easier to read but would stick out greatly, I don't think the Stoney kind of background was too good of a choice.

-Gandolf

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2009, 10:16:46 AM »
Here are two more...

Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more