Topic:   Roguesoft's Secret Project...   (Read 14913 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Roguesoft's Secret Project...
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »
I got the engine finished today, so I'll be posting a beta soon. ;)
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »
Awesome!
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »
Here's the beta: http://www.mediafire.com/?yzm4ikc4mma

I think this is turning out to be a nice example of a simple GM game, and as such I've decided to make the engine open source so anyone can alter it for their own projects.

Basically the gameplay is centered around you typing arrow keys as they appear on the screen. If you complete a set of 4 in a row without typing an incorrect arrow, you get 5 points. To beat a level you simply have to score 50 points higher than your opponent. Points are displayed in the window title.

The engine is complete but the finished game will have more content, such as better graphics and more music. (there's only 1 music track at the moment and the graphics are just extracts of Roguesoft wallpapers) I'll probably add Supa Pong style opponents too. :)

Anyways, enjoy!

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 06:00:41 PM »
Can you compile it for those of us who don't have GM?

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »
I'm off to the land of nod now, but I'll do that tomorrow. The demo version of GM should be able to run it, it's downloadable from the GM homepage: http://alstaffieri.com/gamemaker.html

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 06:21:25 PM »
Here's the beta: http://www.mediafire.com/?yzm4ikc4mma

I think this is turning out to be a nice example of a simple GM game, and as such I've decided to make the engine open source so anyone can alter it for their own projects.

Basically the gameplay is centered around you typing arrow keys as they appear on the screen. If you complete a set of 4 in a row without typing an incorrect arrow, you get 5 points. To beat a level you simply have to score 50 points higher than your opponent. Points are displayed in the window title.

The engine is complete but the finished game will have more content, such as better graphics and more music. (there's only 1 music track at the moment and the graphics are just extracts of Roguesoft wallpapers) I'll probably add Supa Pong style opponents too. :)

Anyways, enjoy!

Ah hah! Taking my ideas straight out of my head, eh?

Lol, strange stuff... that's pretty much what I have, with a few modifications. And mine you have to hit the arrows on the beat. :D More like DDR.

Cool beans silver! (I've always wanted to say that)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 02:44:30 AM »
Cool. Have you got it programmed?

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 07:45:38 AM »
Pretty much, a few delay and lag quirks to work out, sounds to add, and a Beta should be complete.

I probably won't have it in during this week, because all throughout the week I have assignments due and tests, then on friday I'm off to a Christmas Party with my friends.

Hopefully next week though, but who knows, maybe if I get time I'll be able to squeeze it in this week.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 07:49:45 AM »
Nifty!

a few delay and lag quirks to work out, sounds to add, and a Beta should be complete.
I use ON TIMER exclusively now. DELAY can interrupt movies if there's one playing.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »
NICE game, very well done, reminds me of dance dance revolution for some reason.
EDIT: I really liked your game I figured it would be nice if the arrows scrolled along so that every time you press a button the arrows move to the left so I modified it a little and now it does that for me. If you like I can upload my version of it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:19:47 PM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »
Honestly, this game seems pointless... it could be fun but it need more challenge.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
NICE game, very well done, reminds me of dance dance revolution for some reason.
EDIT: I really liked your game I figured it would be nice if the arrows scrolled along so that every time you press a button the arrows move to the left so I modified it a little and now it does that for me. If you like I can upload my version of it.
Glad you like it, and indeed post up. :) I was thinking of making the arrows drop from the top of the screen when they spawn, but with a combination of the two it might look pretty nifty. I'll get back on it when I finish my LBP level.

Honestly, this game seems pointless... it could be fun but it need more challenge.
Yeah, it's very simple alright, but simple games get finished.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »
Nifty!

I use ON TIMER exclusively now. DELAY can interrupt movies if there's one playing.

Nono, like, glitch delays, not called ones. :D

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »
Oh.

Yeah, I don't use those anymore either.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »
MORE CHALLENGE!? I don't even know if thats possible it is SUPER TOUGH.

Click here if you want to see my version