Topic:   Funny PS3 Incident   (Read 2114 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Funny PS3 Incident
« on: October 11, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
Ok, so I was playing the Valkyria Chronicles demo on the PS3, (doing particularly well I might add) when all of a sudden I get a barrage of "Do you want to quit the game?" dialogues. I insisted again and again that I did not wish to quit the game, but the PS3 was antagonizingly persistent in its inquiring. Eventually it got tired of asking and I was able to resume gameplay, but alas, I hadn't seen the end of the console's inappropriate behavior. Oooohh no...

A few minutes later it prompted the dialogues again, only this time on the third attempt it selected the answer itself! The game quit and the PS3 began launching other media. I wrestled with the controller until eventually I was able to turn off the console. Although the whole experience was drastically improper, I couldn't help laughing at it as I journeyed to the kitchen to rummage for food, still half in disbelieve.

But my laughter was short lived, and my expression quickly turned to mild horror as I returned to my bedroom to find the PS3 back on and merrily browsing my Friends list. I acted in time to stop it deleting anyone, (though just now I found out that it sent a blank message to one of them) and then hit the power switch on the back of the console.

Just as I was piecing things together in my mind, Woodhaven rings me to confirm my suspicions. Somehow we must have mixed up controllers, and since the one he had in his possession was last hooked up to my PS3, when he tried using it in his house next-door it started to control mine instead. So, now that it's been amended, I think I'll return to the Valkyria Chronicles demo. It's actually quite enjoyable!
I survived the spammage of 2007

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
Re: Funny PS3 Incident
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 03:49:03 PM »
LOL epic story. I had an amazing friday night, from 8:30 to like 11:30 12 ish. It involved Department Store Photo Shoots, Fried Chicken, Peanut Butter Cookies, Coca Cola, Sparklers, and a whole lot of random adventures. :D

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Funny PS3 Incident
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 11:24:36 PM »
LOL!!!! oh no! don't delete my friends LOL!!!
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.