Topic:   Computer Trouble   (Read 7398 times)

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
Re: Computer Trouble
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
For light items, I think it's about $20. For heavy big stuff like a Mac, it's going to be well over $100, I'm sure of it. Then you have to consider how you'd power a US machine on a UK mains current.

I suppose you could always find a UK PSU and put it inside a US G4 and plug it into the motherboard, but I'm not sure. I guess it's possible.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »
Shipping prices between the US and UK always seem to be ridiculous :(

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 09:39:12 PM »
Well, that idea failed... Though if anyone else who lives in the U.S. and needs a g4 mac tower; I'll be here.

-Gandolf

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 03:10:17 AM »
I've never understood the difference between Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland, apart from the religious differences which seem to cause such an awful fuss. Maybe it's the same sort of thing as North England and Manchester vs South England and London. Eurgh.
Kind of like that, except with terrorists.

Maybe your bloodthirsty politicians should kick back with a bong, do some beatboxing and MC for the public. I doubt that will happen, sad as it may seem.
Yeah, at the moment they seem content spending tax-payer money on limos and helicopter fuel though. They flew the entire rank of Irish military helicopters (a mere 6) over residential estates a couple of nights ago, seemingly just to remind everyone that they had them and to wake up as many sleeping babies as they could.

Still, there was that one time they spent the money on something other than themselves; They erected a 390 ft metal spire in the heart of the city. I'm not sure if that classifies as generosity or madness though.

Maybe for your next computer, you could buy an Atari ST and install OS X on it 8)

Not sure how a 1200 baud modem would work with a broadband connection, though.
lol! ;D

Whoa, didn't think of that. You sure that it isn't just $30-$60 shipping fees?

-Gandolf
Even it the shipping was low, I run the risk of being hit with the "customs" tax if I purchase something overseas. Basically, the government tax every 1 in 10 overseas buyers (chosen at random) for a large sum of money. I purchased a bo staff last year at the price of $18 including shipping, but was charged $62 on customs.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:13:39 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »
Maybe you should move to somewhere sane, like...

Oh! There's this nice place down the road- drat, that's full of chavs...

Aha, I just remembered that small island in th- oh wait, that's a nuclear bomb test site..

Well what about... no wait, can't hang your washing on a sunday...

Maybe if you were serious about developing, you could move to Silicon Vall- crap, that city sinks a few centimeters every year...

Oh darn, I'm out of ideas. Maybe you should hide in the Anderson next time the helicopters come over.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:18:21 PM by Telstar5 »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »
My plan - make a gigantic floating island out of NES carts on top of garbage and live on it.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »
The United States is quite a nice place to stay, specifically Kansas. Can't think of anything wrong with it off the top of my head. Thankfully the state is starting to turn smoke free in public places. Though kansas is bypolar in winter. One day it's ice and snow, the next it's a beautiful summer day.

-Gandolf

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »
Kansas won't do for me, I need a place to light up with my cup of coffee.

I don't mind about public smoking bans, especially this one in the UK, but the government should find a little corner for us to smoke even if others don't like it. The best smoking laws are in Spain - you can only buy from vending machines and tobacconists which is fair enough, there are closed off smoking sections and you have to be over sixteen to sit in there. Kids don't die of so called 'dangerous' second hand smoke, and we don't have to listen to anti-smoking whinge :)

Of course my favourite place to smoke is France. Yeah, there's smoking bans indoors, but the policemen there still continue to smoke inside and nobody really cares about it. That and you only have to be old enough to see over the counter to choose what cigarettes or tobacco you want. Whilst I was there, the lady at the counter even offered me cigarette papers :) such a nice place...

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 09:19:33 AM »
One word.
Canada.

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 09:49:16 AM »
One word.
Canada.

Consent.

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 01:47:43 PM »
There's a public smoking ban in Ireland too. I'd be happy to move anywhere to see more of the world, as I've only ever left Ireland a dozen or so times on trips to England. (and once to Helsinki for the European Youth Bowling Championships) I wanna visit China and Japan sometime, but I probably wouldn't live there. (long)
I survived the spammage of 2007

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2009, 12:31:41 PM »
Canada?

I have to say, I prefer the sound of Canada to the States, but I wouldn't want to live there, or stay very long at least. Cigarettes are about ten pounds a packet! That's year nine playground prices, which is expensive, although I suppose I could live close to the border and just make routine trips to America and stock up on cheap stuff... Or I could just live close to the sea in England and make trips to France once a month. One's cheaper. Hmm...

Oh, what do I care, I'll be happy enough in London 8)