Topic:   Balance Pai Sho (demo)   (Read 11776 times)

Teruri

• GMG-er

• This personal text couldn\'t be worse
Balance Pai Sho (demo)
« on: August 18, 2008, 01:54:57 PM »
Hello, I’m releasing a demo of my game “Balance Pai Sho” now. (this is the second topic but when I wondered why I didn’t get that much comments in the other topic, I decided it was because people using GM don’t look at the SC section :D).

Balance Pai Sho is based on Pai Sho from the tv show Avatar the last airbender. The game didn’t had rules but I like the show so much I had to base a game on it. I decided to base this game on it.

It’s really simple and everything is explained in the “help me” file. If you have any questions you can always ask me.

anyway here is the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uxyutzmgesb

There might be some bugs in it, so you can always post them here. I don’t know if the game might run slow or crash on slower computers. On my Ibook g4 it runs smooth.
Max 500; characters remaining: 466

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
Re: Balance Pai Sho (demo)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 03:35:42 PM »
Nice game.

I have only played on the easy version but I assume that the harder ones will be... harder :P

Just a few recommendations:
Rename the "Help Me" file to somthing more like "How to play" or "Read Me"
Make the game's icon in more resolutions so that it looks better in the dock.
and make more games, because your style is good and you can put your ideas down well.

Most of the problems are just nitpicking though so good job

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 04:06:12 PM »
Very nice game Teruri. I love the graphics, and the gameplay is simple enough to understand. Nice job. :)
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:19:23 PM »
Nice Game although I got stumped on everyone past level Zuko.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 06:30:49 PM »
Interesting concept, I love board games so this game is for me.  Good job on the AI.   :)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:45:37 PM »
You should stick this in the Gmg contest, it is really amazing. :)

-Gandolf

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 06:30:52 AM »
You should stick this in the Gmg contest, it is really amazing. :)

-Gandolf
I have mixed feelings about it. I like contest but just for honor, so if I decide to enter the contest I don't want the prize (if I win any). It's mostly because I don't order things from ebay so I can't use it anyway. And I like to complete the game first and give it all it need.

Oh and a little update:
I'm now working on the part of the game where you place the pieces on the board while your opponent is trying to jump over the pieces. I don't know how long it will take to complete the AI. I don't think it will realy work with diffrent levels of AI because it probably will end up being random.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 10:05:31 AM »
Its not eBay it Amazon.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 10:18:33 AM »
Its not eBay it Amazon.
eBay, Amazon it's almost the same. I hardly buy anything from the internet, and if I do it's from dutch sites. You het the point.  ;)

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »
i love amazon, i always buy nes and snes games off there (i know about emulation) i just like collecting old games, new games suck
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:31:21 AM by EqwanoX »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 11:37:09 AM »
i love amazon, i always buy nes and snes games off there (i know about emulation) i just like collecting old games, new games suck
And I was beginning to think it was just me and Sora! :D I always favor old games. Games like Myth and Majesty still haven't been outdone.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:37:30 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »
Why still on the subject of old games one of my favorites is Masters of Orion 2, 3 kinda sucked.

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 01:13:10 PM »
I'm probably not going to finish this project this week. I started working on an rpg and this will be a side project. It's roughly half done and I only need to code some AI and some other simple stuff so it's no big deal.

Has somebody beaten the hardest player? Even I can anly beat him with one square left without a piece on it. But yeah, if you know the secret tactic it's easy.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 02:08:54 PM »
I can't beat the guys who just keep going starting from the top/bottom and keep going towards the bottom/top and cover every square.

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 02:20:38 PM »
I can't beat the guys who just keep going starting from the top/bottom and keep going towards the bottom/top and cover every square.

Tip: start with the two pieces at the opposite side from where he is starting. Just keep moving one piece over the other. It isn't that hard. And if you can jump over one of his pieces with your pieces, that's a good move too. But the best tactic is jumping over your own pieces untill you have 15 points. I hope you did understand.