Topic:   The Pirate Party   (Read 11422 times)

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
Re: The Pirate Party
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 02:23:20 PM »
Yes. Mr. Joseph McCarthy stepped over that line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Guantanamo Bay stepped over that line, too. So did the American concentration camps for the Japanese Americans.

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »
Then they better have a good reason. I wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't cause an inconvenience...
It is an inconvenience to our rights as a U.S. citizen.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »
Their main goal is to keep you safe, if they have to restrict you to a 9pm bed time so no one gets killed for whatever reason; then that's what they will have to do.
Right, but they should only do so if they really have to. When the government begins to do things in the name of "safety" that don't actually keep you safe, then it's time to stand up.

Remember, there are many different types of oppression, though America is mainly against the oppression of basic human civil rights, freedoms, and tennants of the constitution..
Umm... Let's hope that everyone in America (and other countries for that matter) is always against all forms of oppression.

There is nothing wrong with online surveillance even if it causes inconvieniance as long as it doesn't violate our basic human civil rights, which you can find in the U.S. of A's constitution. Have they stepped over that line?
If you define human rights only by what is in the constitution, then they haven't stepped over the line. However, when the constitution was written the internet hadn't been invented yet, so how could the "human rights of the internet" be included in it? The constitution does maintain
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
which I feel should also apply to a person's online identity.

As for smoking... That is extremely harmful towards your lungs, second hand smoke has also been proven highly dangerous. I find it quite immature to purposely harm your body or mind of your own free will.
Leave smokers alone... you can do whatever you want to your own body. As for second hand smoke, meh, I think that it's dangers are pretty exaggerated. Still, you have no reason to be against smoking in your own home.

9/11 was a terrorist attack, had nothing to do with the cold war.
Agreed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:24:46 PM by WarHampster »

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »
I find it quite immature to purposely harm your body or mind of your own free will.

Pretty much every "harmful" substance is ok in moderation. Like alcohol.

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »
Ehm.. Telstar... The 9/11 was a terrorist attack, had nothing to do with the cold war. The cold war was over many years before. When the Berlin wall came down that was a signal of the end of the cold war and nuclear disarmorment. The 9/11 attack was an attack from the middle east. Ties to Al-Qaeda. Cold war was between U.S and the Soviet Union.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghanistan#Soviet_invasion_and_civil_war

It had a lot to do with the cold war.

History is a remarkable mistress.

As for smoking... That is extremely harmful towards your lungs, second hand smoke has also been proven highly dangerous. I find it quite immature to purposely harm your body or mind of your own free will.

Where's your proof, other than government lies and so-called warnings?

http://www.antibrains.com/shs.html

Smoking is hazardous to the health if you smoke. Yes, it's dangerous. No, it is not immature, I'm willing to bet the only reason you find it immature is because of underage smokers. I'm not eighteen yet, but I'm only a few months away; I would class anyone under 16 smoking to be an underage smoker. Many people do; after all, if you are old enough at 16 to go and be killed fighting in wars, you ought to be old enough to begin killing yourself with tobacco.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »
You're digging yourself into a hole.

Everyone knows the dangers of smoking, and some people still choose to do it. Thats their decision - end of story.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:23:00 PM by WarHampster »

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 07:40:48 PM »
I'm only offering the truth from what I have learned and studied. If people won't accept it, that's not my problem. I'm going for a smoke.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 08:15:14 PM »
Seems like I've struck a cord.
Well, do you guys remember my close friend the OB nurse? She says that you guys don't know what you're saying about your medical facts, Internet surveillance and the 9/11. She has lived through the cold war, she knows without a doubt that second hand smoke is harmful. Also that smoking is just plain stupid and hard to break. Finally, her last comment is that I'm dealing with irrational thought and eronius information. She says I'll only be wasting my time by explaining to those with illogical conclusions.
She can sure be blunt... Though I guess I'll have to take her advice. If you guys want to talk about something productive, so be it; but I won't go running in circles.

-Gandolf

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 08:33:41 PM »
You're smart, but lack something called "tact".

Also, just saying that someone you know says that you're right and we're all wrong is generally a bad way to win an argument.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:34:57 PM by WarHampster »

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 09:48:44 PM »
You're smart, but lack something called "tact".

Also, just saying that someone you know says that you're right and we're all wrong is generally a bad way to win an argument.

Especially when he ASSUMES he is always right.

Second hand smoke is only dangerous if you're around it constantly, like being a non-smoker in a smoking household. If you're just walking by someone who smokes and breathe it in, you're fine, you're lungs do their job in repairing themselves.

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 01:18:07 PM »
Finally, her last comment is that I'm dealing with irrational thought and eronius information. She says I'll only be wasting my time by explaining to those with illogical conclusions.

Has she got any more psycho-analytical dogma?

Second hand smoke is only dangerous if you're around it constantly, like being a non-smoker in a smoking household. If you're just walking by someone who smokes and breathe it in, you're fine, you're lungs do their job in repairing themselves.

Indeed; and the quantities of the poisions in second hand smoke are so diluted with the air and other gases that the dosage of the toxins may as well be imaginary. It would take a very long time for the non-smoker in that household to develop any ailments.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:24:20 PM by Telstar5 »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »
I'm going to exercise my new power and lock this... it's turning into a flame war and going way off-topic.