Topic:   Any graphics people here? There is cash involved!   (Read 2883 times)

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
Any graphics people here? There is cash involved!
« on: May 17, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »
I'm looking for someone to come up with a logo for Halcyon.

We're going to get some shirts printed for us, and my friend David believes we need a logo to go on the back, above the text.

There are only a few rules; first, it has to be a vector graphic, so it has to be a PNG. Second, it needs to incorporate the three colours of the HDR logo text (orange, white and blue). Finally, we produce networking software as well as other stuff too, so bear that in mind (maybe communications at speed as a means of inspiration?)

The logo will go on product packaging, websites, vinyl banners, posters and shirts, so consider that carefully - maybe make three logos if you so wish and pick your favourite.

For your time, we'll pay you £10 (or $15) or £5 ($7) over PayPal, and the deadline is the 1st of June. If we choose a logo, you should receive payment shortly afterwards, at the latest it will be the 7th.

The reason I say £10 or £5 is because I don't know how big my paycheck is going to be. If it's over £100 (which it ought to be) then it's a tenner, otherwise, it's a fiver.

Ready? Go! :P

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Any graphics people here? There is cash involv
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »
Ok. *goes*

Hehe... kidding, I'll definitely design something.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 02:47:10 AM »
I've been incredibly busy this week and haven't had much time at the computer, (though I'm learning much about wonderful Java! Oh yes, wonderful... wonderful Java...) but I should have a fairly free weekend so I'm gonna get to work on a few logo designs. One question though, do you want text on the logo? As in your company's name?
I survived the spammage of 2007

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 07:28:29 AM »
No, but it has to use the three colours (blue, orange, white) and you can see that on our website. The logo will go next to or around the text logo, so you can try it out and see how it looks :P

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 04:54:48 PM »
To anyone who cares; false alarm, I'm not going to get a paycheck over £50 this month, we've worked ahead and it's too late to include a logo.

Sorry to all those who have worked/were thinking of entering! I'm afraid the money will go toward the Telstar Cigarette Charity and advertisement.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:15:27 PM »
Telstar, I think that the link to your forums from your website is dead.

Also, the mini-site about memonet is informative for those of us who already know about the program, but people who don't would be confused... the page never explains what memonet does.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:15:58 PM by WarHampster »