Topic:   Pretty interesting   (Read 3251 times)

Xiphos

• GMG-er

Pretty interesting
« on: March 20, 2010, 09:18:52 AM »
http://www.zombiescience.tk/

Its a blog about zombies, biology of them, etc.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Pretty interesting
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 03:58:33 PM »
Well if we stay away from the infected we will survive the pandemic. However, we may need some guns and ammunition to keep them away from us.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 04:07:14 PM »
you should also include survival tips and such.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

alias

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 07:55:41 PM »
Your nerve growth gene is located in chromosome 1, as NGF (See Fig 1.1), or Nerve Growth Factor. This gene is what determines the power of your nervous system, and without it, the entire system fails. Like all genes, mutations can occur. The virus would negatively mutate the gene to a point where it has no more value, eliminating one of mans biggest weaknesses, pain.

It also eliminates our ability to think and and move any part of our body. Paralyzed zombies anyone?

There is one gene known to modify ones yearn for food. This gene is MC3R (See Fig 1.2), or Melanocortin 3 receptor, located in the 18th chromosome. It has been shown that people with the gene have a higher tendency to consume more fatty foods, like meats. The virus would affect the gene in two ways. First, it would amplify the eating need the gene creates. And two, would alter the need for meat in a way where the desire for meat is not satisfied by animal meat, but by human flesh.
this again is stupid, first off there is a gene that produces digestive enzymes that break down food and without it we would need more food. however to cause increased hunger and indeed nerve damage you would have to mutate every chromosome in every cell. not possible.

Uncontrolled genetic aggression has been known to be caused by two things: the lack of certain neurotransmitters and the presence of certain enzymes. Serotonin, or 5-HT (See Fig 1.3), is a neurotransmitter know to have several different uses to the body, one of which is to prevent un-controlled temper. When a male, and only a male, is missing 5-HT, they have a tendency to be more aggressive then others with the neurotransmitter present. There are also 3 enzymes know to show an increase in overall anger when present, which are: MAO-A, DAT1, DRD2. A zombie virus would most likely raise aggressiveness by removing ones 5-HT neurotransmitter, if present, and also create accelerated production of the anger-causing enzymes.
Uncontrolled genetic agression is the single stupidest phrase ive ever heard. This person clearly doesnt know the different between phenotype and genotype. Also if Serotonin levels are low your body just switches to Acetylecholine or dopamine as a substitute.

I study human biology at university, excuse my noob pwning.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:35:19 PM »
Oh it is not be me, I just thought it was interesting.

alias

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »
Oh it is not be me, I just thought it was interesting.

Im aware, I was just having a rage regardless.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »
reminds me of a book called "The Zombie Survival Guide"
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/