Topic:   Agility (card game)   (Read 2371 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Agility (card game)
« on: August 18, 2008, 03:42:50 PM »
After seeing Mist's Crazy Eights game, I thought I'd post the rules for a similar game I invented last week on the ferry to Wales. It's called Agility, and here are the rules:

Start by dealing each player (you need at least two, but you won't be able to accommodate more than 5) a hand of 10 cards. The cards must be dealt face down, and player's aren't allowed look at them! Take 1 more card from the deck and place it face down. This is the Pile. When everyone is ready, the game begins with the dealer flipping the Pile card face up, at which point players may look at their hands.

Players can place a card from their hand on top of the Pile if their card has either the same number or suit of the topmost Pile card, and when a player runs out of cards in their hand they win. If a player can't play any cards from their hand, they may draw a card from the deck. When the last card in the deck is drawn, whoever has the least amount of cards in their hand wins.

So, why's it called Agility? Because this isn't a turn based game! Whoever's fastest at discarding cards and building chains of their suits and numbers will emerge victorious. When you get 2 veteran players facing off, matches usually last around 20-30 seconds!
I survived the spammage of 2007

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
Re: Agility (card game)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
Sounds a bit like spit...

One sec I'll look it up..

Mist

EDIT: Here are the runes for spit http://www.pagat.com/patience/spit.html

EDIT2: I would do a game like this in the CardZ engine but the AI would almost always beat you on the hardest setting :P I would have to make it wait before it makes a move.

And what happens whan you can't play any more on the deck and the enemy can't either?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 03:58:42 PM by mistron »
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Agility (card game)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »
Well, if the deck is empty, whoever has the least amount of cards in their hand wins. Otherwise player's may draw from the deck. (one card at a time, hehe)
I survived the spammage of 2007