Topic:   ROLL CALL   (Read 11281 times)

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

ROLL CALL
« on: October 10, 2010, 11:45:02 PM »
Alright.

3 days without a post. This is ridiculous guys. I'm not going to let the most brotherly community I know die.

I'm calling Roll Call. If you're here post. Updates about cool stuff you're doing are encouraged.

Me? I'm Tentatively staring up gnome quest. And working on a game for my new (like 4th tech watch) watch.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
Re: ROLL CALL
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 02:52:39 AM »
I'm still here. SilverCreator will see an update soon when I get some free time.

I really think a wide release of SilverCreator v2.0 on all the download sites, with press releases for the news sites, etc. and ample promotion of both the GMG and the Plaza, will deliver some new blood to both communities.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 04:08:23 AM »
I'm still haunting the forums at night, but I haven't had much time to work on anything for ages. Last Saturday was my first non-Sunday off in three weeks, and last week I did 47 hours. Furthermore, in addition to assist leading a youth group and a youth worship group, our church is running an Alpha Course this year, and I've agreed to help out with that. Add audio visual duties on Sunday, prayer fellowship on Tuesday and the occasional bible study whenever I can; I'm not left with much free time. It's great to see the church flourishing though! ;D

I'm loving all the updates we've had recently. With NvS, Space Mutants and now Winterban, we've had a new game a month for three months! :D Awesome stuff guys, I can't wait to get back to Elathondréoth.

EDIT:

Oh btw, Alpha's an awesome way to get some knowhow on God, Jesus, the afterlife and so on. It starts with a meal, a 20 minute video and then you break into discussion groups to ask open questions in a relaxed environment. Alpha is run all over the world, so you should check it out if there's one being held near you, but if not you can watch the videos form the one currently running in London: http://www.htb.org.uk/media/media/all/all/Alpha%20course/all
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:32:40 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
I still check the forums on a regular basis. I don't have much time to do any programming though. Full time work and online school are taking up most of my time. Plus right now I'm working on a project for work that I'm doing at home. We have a lot of digital pictures we took over the last 5 or 6 years. They all have names like img001, img002, etc. I'm going through them all and naming them and sorting them and then will be putting them all on DVDs.

Once I'm done with that I may have more time to do other things.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:38:28 AM by AlStaffieri »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 10:09:06 AM »
EDIT:

Oh btw, Alpha's an awesome way to get some knowhow on God, Jesus, the afterlife and so on. It starts with a meal, a 20 minute video and then you break into discussion groups to ask open questions in a relaxed environment. Alpha is run all over the world, so you should check it out if there's one being held near you, but if not you can watch the videos form the one currently running in London: http://www.htb.org.uk/media/media/all/all/Alpha%20course/all
I love free food.

I'm still here. SilverCreator will see an update soon when I get some free time.
Awesomes.

I too am working on projects.

-Gan

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »
Still check this place at least three times daily.  :)

I'm working on a puzzle game in Silvercreator, along the same lines as Winterban I guess.  It's a continuation of a series I started six years ago in Windows Gamemaker.  

I also just started working on a website using PHP and mySQL.  I've only been working on it for two days but it's going really well.  It's about a game called Stepmania (stepmania.com), which is a DDR simulation program.

Jinxycat

• GMG-er

• YOUR AD HERE
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 12:22:46 PM »
I'm still here, but I don't think that really matters as I don't even know how to program.  :P
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting".   - John Russel

j

• GMG Newbie

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »
I take a quick glance at the forum for new posts at some point almost every day lately, but otherwise haven't had much to say. Working on a lot of things, but nothing to announce yet.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 02:00:24 PM »
I'm still here!
With University papers to write and Midterms coming up soon, I haven't had much time to work on creating games, but I still check back here often to see what everyone is up to. I find the GMG is one of the tightest-knit internet forums I know. Honestly think about it - we've known each other for years! :o

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 05:45:10 PM »
I'm lurking.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:28 PM »
I take a quick glance at the forum for new posts at some point almost every day lately, but otherwise haven't had much to say. Working on a lot of things, but nothing to announce yet.

Same. I'm kind of drowning in school work at the moment but am finding time to work on some cool stuff.

GabrielCA

• GMG-er

• no avatar

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »
My script interpreter project "Clown" now has a fork with primitive game creation capabilities, so I wrote "Pong" in it  ;D

I check the forum often
Creator of the deprecated plugin KeyDetect (2005)

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »
Sweet, Glad to know everyones still around.

You know what ought to get the Games a makin'? A new contest. Since Ghost is busy, I'll even donate the prizes myself! I got a BestBuy 10$ GiftCard, and an unspecified amout of Apple GiftCard (I think its 25$)

Whadda guys say?
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 10:05:19 AM »
That would be a good way to get some more games made, I'm all for it!

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »
Would we be allowed to use previous engines that've created?
I.e. nav engine 6/7, sc mmo engine, [size=10]physics ball engine...[/size]

-Gan
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:56:35 PM by Gandolf »