Topic:   Cool battle game in Flash   (Read 2859 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Cool battle game in Flash
« on: October 22, 2008, 01:55:16 PM »
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Kongregate/kongai

We should make a similar styled game in GM as a group project. We could all draw different fighters and stuff. :)
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Cool battle game in Flash
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »
Equanox: Group Projects never go anywhere.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 02:48:43 PM »
Whoa. We haven't even tried and for those of us who actually want to try, that's a real moral destroyer.

Wow, this game is kind of interesting but confusing...
...If someone would make graphics and how things would work(GamePlay), I would re-create it in vb.net, than it would easily be portable to Gm.

-Gandolf

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:19:41 PM »
Equanox: Group Projects never go anywhere.
Silverwind: Knight spelled night?! Man, this cold is effecting my very grammar!

There, now we've quoted each other's sigs, and one of them was by me! :D Weeeee!

...If someone would make graphics and how things would work(GamePlay), I would re-create it in vb.net, than it would easily be portable to Gm.

-Gandolf
Cool, I'll try writing the engine in GM as well, that way if one goes bad we have another to fall back on. I don't think we should aim to copy the game as such, just use it a the base for our own. Here's my vague idea:

The entire game is 1 on 1 arena style combat. Each character is assigned a base set of attacks which vary depending on the character's class. (Fighter's focus on high damage, Archer's on range, Thieves on avoiding attacks and status ailments such as poisoning etc.) A character can learn up to 4 attacks, after that they must delete a learned attack in order to learn a new one. New attacks can be bought in shops and possibly awarded after leveling up.

Since the whole game is really just a turn based battle engine, it should be easy to make. While it's probably best to keep the programming staff to a minimum, the more people willing to submit art the better. Once we draw up a rough damage table we can get rolling. I'll start on stat calibration right away. :)
I survived the spammage of 2007

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »
I can do sprites, but no programing if this is made in GM. I'm not going to just start submitting stuff... someone needs to tell me what to make.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 08:15:25 PM »
eww...kongregate.....

The game is pretty good, but not my type...
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.