Topic:   SDGM   (Read 9667 times)

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
SDGM
« on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »
Inspired by gnome creator, I set out to make my own gnome-creator like game, but one that actually lets the player decide something. Using the user ask command, the player can decide all sorts of different things. You can even add custom art! It's called "Super Duper Game Maker" but I call it SDGM. The player can't make a game from scratch though, as that is not possible, but I'm adding different game templates.
So far I only have one: Silverwind's magic 8 ball game. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

Charlo

• GMG-er

Re: SDGM
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »
A point-and-click "gallery-style" shooter (where enemies pop up and then disappear) wouldn't be too hard.

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 09:19:21 AM »
This kinda brings to mind inception, where you can control the world around you with your mind. It would be a neat puzzler, if you have to manipulate the code of each level, so you can get to a button, a door, or some sort of checkpoint.
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »
I was thinking more about the concept, and though: 'hey this would be the ultimate cheat engine!'
So when you finnish this I would love to see your source code, and maybe incorporate some of the matrixes to make the ultimate cheat engine, and plant it in some of my games, so you could totally whack it out.

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
Are you acctually doing anything with this idea, if not can i try experimenting with it.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 01:47:26 PM »
You can use it, it was just a cool little idea.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kt84oxt40wz4omb
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!