Topic:   HTML and Web Page Creating Software   (Read 2712 times)

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
HTML and Web Page Creating Software
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:00:41 AM »
I'm finally getting a new Mac within a week or two. So I'm looking at what software I use now in Classic that won't work with a new Mac.

ResEdit - I can get by with Rezilla, but it's not as nice as ResEdit and I don't do as much resource stuff anymore anyway.

AOLPress - I still use this. I can't find any other web page software that I like or that even works right. I do have Netscape which has Composer to edit web pages, but it really screws up the html. ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?????  

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: HTML and Web Page Creating Software
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:41:29 AM »
Mistron once recommended NVU to me proposing that it was a "free Dream Weaver", but I ended up using my web host's built-in editor and never got to try it out. Now I'm getting into building websites from scratch though, and it's much easier for the majority of things.

Here's a link to NVU if it's any use: http://net2.com/nvu/
I survived the spammage of 2007

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 12:16:34 PM »
I think I downloaded NVU back then too and had problems with it. I tried your link anyway just in case there was a newer version and it linked me to Kompozer which is the newer versions of NVU. A quick tryout of it looks like it may be just fine once I get used to it.

Thanks.

PS. Now all I have to do is get that new iMac.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:17:06 PM by AlStaffieri »

GMG Hendo

• GMG-er

• [WITTY TEXT GOES HERE]
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:15:13 PM »
If your looking into a good piece of web design software check out Coda. Its like $90 but its easy enough to pirate anyway