Topic:   Windows GameMaker?   (Read 4550 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Windows GameMaker?
« on: August 17, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
Hey, I'm thinking... (I know, it's amazing)

...there should be a windows gamemaker as good as Sc and Gm combined. I've been playing with vb6 and it is really amazingly easy to create anything. And I'm taking 2 years of vb programming, so...
...what would you guys think if I created a windows Gm/Sc?

-Gandolf

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
Re: Windows GameMaker?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 07:22:42 PM »
That would be cool, make it use the exact same language as GM or SC so that we could easially port our games (Then make it Open Source).

I want to copy it to make GF.

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:54:30 PM »
same here I got a lot of friends that have windows and they can't play my games because my games are Mac Only.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »
It is very possible, though I'm not sure how to make a compiling runtime...

I will look into it. ;)

-Gandolf

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 06:10:18 AM »
I've tried that gamemaker before, kind of boring. What I'm thinking is a gamemaker very similar or exactly alike Gm/Sc.

-Gandolf

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »
I looked long and hard for a card-based game creator for windows and I could not find one.  It would be great if you could make one.

I used GameMaker for windows for a long time and it is quite a bit more powerful than our GameMaker.  It's hard to compete with.  It makes programming the game a lot easier which lets people focus more on their ideas, not how to implement them.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 03:10:29 PM »
I have no intention to compete with it, my GameMaker will be a different brand than it.  I will call it...

...SilverMaker (Or GameCreator, just mincing SilverCreator and GameMaker together).

First it will be just like Gm & Sc mixed but a little more graphic oriented. Better, faster sprite stuff. More powerful. Though it will have almost all features of Gm/Sc. Than once it is created, I will change a few things, make it better, possibly have any window size or like 10 different sizes.

The AWESOME thing about my computer classes, is that I am a year ahead of my class. I can make the assigned program I need in 5 minutes while it takes 1:45 min for everyone else to finish, than I have all that time to make my online Mmo with Satyricon or build the GameMaker.

Also, I won't have to compile everything. I will have all the data written in a file called "yourgame.data", than I will have a engine app that reads the data file and according to the data, it does what it needs to do.

-Gandolf

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 03:12:47 PM »
I have no intention to compete with it, my GameMaker will be a different brand than it.  I will call it...

...SilverMaker (Or GameCreator, just mincing SilverCreator and GameMaker together).

First it will be just like Gm & Sc mixed but a little more graphic oriented. Better, faster sprite stuff. More powerful. Though it will have almost all features of Gm/Sc. Than once it is created, I will change a few things, make it better, possibly have any window size or like 10 different sizes.

The AWESOME thing about my computer classes, is that I am a year ahead of my class. I can make the assigned program I need in 5 minutes while it takes 1:45 min for everyone else to finish, than I have all that time to make my online Mmo with Satyricon or build the GameMaker.

Also, I won't have to compile everything. I will have all the data written in a file called "yourgame.data", than I will have a engine app that reads the data file and according to the data, it does what it needs to do.

-Gandolf
That is basically how GF will work except all of the files will be online so you never have to see them :)

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »
Ah, smart. ;)

-Gandolf

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 04:03:51 PM »
Ah, smily. ;)

-Silver the cackling with insane laughter
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:04:36 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 04:34:48 PM »
Ah, smily. ;)

-Silver the cackling with insane laughter
huh?

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 05:55:03 PM »
huh?

Mist
my words exactly
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 10:25:26 AM »
Hey guys, I'm going to revive this in Java. Though I better change it to multi-platform game maker.

-Gandolf

bman

• GMG Newbie

• no avatar

• R.I.P. SilverCreator
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 07:31:23 PM »
Ha, I use the Windows GameMaker.  If you can code in it you can do some amazing stuff with it.