Topic:   Second GMG Game Making Contest   (Read 54298 times)

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

Re: Second GMG Game Making Contest
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »
My vote was for Gnome Slayer. The graphics are very impressive, and it's an overall polished product. Supa Pong would be my next vote.

Ghost

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2008, 02:46:25 PM »
I'm not very much into shooting games or killing gnomes. I'm all for saving the gnomes.

-Gandolf

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2008, 03:54:18 PM »
SC invaders was quickly deemed impossible as I had enough trouble with the first level and the seconds scared the hell out of me.
oh, yea the first level is the whole game the second is just for fun so yea it is impossible.

you people are supposed to tell us how to improve the game before the contest ends

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2008, 05:49:37 PM »
I'm not very much into shooting games or killing gnomes. I'm all for saving the gnomes.

-Gandolf

did you vote for my game then?
 ??? ???
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »
As much as I would love not shooting gnomes, Silverwind's supa pong just blew itself higher than the other games. (In my opinion.)

-Gandolf

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2008, 03:40:09 PM »
i had to vote for supa pong, its good! i cant think of any improvments on it. now gnome defender, good effort but not enough action for me, one enemy at a time is lame. i wouldve voted for gnome slayer it had good graphics but there so many flaws. you have to shoot way to many gnomes per level, you cant have me shoot 30+ gnomes per level when the gameplay is so bland, you iether have to interupt it more frequently before the player gets bored or add more action like weapons or grenades or something. you should start off with 5-10 gnomes and maybe add 3 more per level. also the screen scrolls so goddamn slow! at the end of each level i have to WAIT what feels like 10 minutes which is annoying. but the thing that really killed the gameplay for me was to much lag time, if i shoot and miss i also end up missing the second gnome cause of the load time for the gun i dont know what causes this (shoddy programming?) but i cant get past level 3. the gnomes appear so fast too, i cant get them in time, the most i hit was 19 on level 3. it would be nice to get a shotgun with wider firing radius, and then maybe an rpg. ide have to say it was just ok but supa pong was way better
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:45:17 PM by EqwanoX »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »
Thanks for the compliments on Supa Pong guys, glad you like it! :) I'm thinking of adding a practice mode to the next update and possibly a stage 8 in arcade mode, only playable if you win every stage without losing a life. There'll be more hidden characters in the next update as well.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2008, 09:58:36 PM »
i had to vote for supa pong, its good! i cant think of any improvments on it. now gnome defender, good effort but not enough action for me, one enemy at a time is lame. i wouldve voted for gnome slayer it had good graphics but there so many flaws. you have to shoot way to many gnomes per level, you cant have me shoot 30+ gnomes per level when the gameplay is so bland, you iether have to interupt it more frequently before the player gets bored or add more action like weapons or grenades or something. you should start off with 5-10 gnomes and maybe add 3 more per level. also the screen scrolls so goddamn slow! at the end of each level i have to WAIT what feels like 10 minutes which is annoying. but the thing that really killed the gameplay for me was to much lag time, if i shoot and miss i also end up missing the second gnome cause of the load time for the gun i dont know what causes this (shoddy programming?) but i cant get past level 3. the gnomes appear so fast too, i cant get them in time, the most i hit was 19 on level 3. it would be nice to get a shotgun with wider firing radius, and then maybe an rpg. ide have to say it was just ok but supa pong was way better
Funny I never noticed these things I guess its cause I got a fast computer.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »
yea probly, my computer is pretty slow. just wondering a few things, is there a boss? and how many levels were there?

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »
There was unlimited levels. There was a glitch and it kept on repeating a certain day.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2008, 05:53:12 PM »
Congratulations to Silverwind and Ledorax for their first and second place entries into the GMG Game Making Contest! They will be receiving their prize-- a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com for 1st place, and a $10 gift certificate for 2nd, and a listing in the GMG Hall of Fame. 1st place will get a banner on each page of the GMG (excluding forums), linking to his game.

You can download the winning games below:

1st Place: Download Supa Pong
2nd Place: Download Gnome Slayer
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:00:27 PM by admin »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2008, 07:18:07 PM »
Congratulations Silverwind and Ledorax on winning the GMG contest. Both great games and worthy of winning.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2008, 02:01:17 AM »
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions for Supa Pong guys. I'm glad you like it. :) Also, sorry about not adding your bug report in the readme Gan, I just forgot when I released it. I'l put it in the update though.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:02:39 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2008, 03:07:28 PM »
Congratulations to Silverwind and Ledorax for their first and second place entries into the GMG Game Making Contest! They will be receiving their prize-- a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com for 1st place, and a $10 gift certificate for 2nd, and a listing in the GMG Hall of Fame. 1st place will get a banner on each page of the GMG (excluding forums), linking to his game.

You can download the winning games below:

1st Place: Download Supa Pong
2nd Place: Download Gnome Slayer

That's actually very generous. :D Love this community!

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2008, 03:09:52 PM »
What happened to Ledorax? He disappeared.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.