Topic:   The iPhone Project   (Read 365155 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: The iPhone Project
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »
Whatever strikes your fancy:
- Storyline Creation (Biggy)
- Interface Designer (For me, I use a primitive paint program and start with something rough, usually a box and just add, move things around, test it out)
- Skills of player, magic, weaponry, armoury, ect... (Maybe no magic, may complicate it a bit)
- Monster chart, sprite w/ skills, stats (Monsters are on Silver's sprite sheet)
- Overall stat chart
- World map, very small world, I'm thinking 5-10 maps total.

Wait... What if all of us on the Gmg were part of the storyline? That would be so neat!
-The 3 Kings, Ghost, Al and Mike.
- GnomeAgain, The... Gnome.
- WarHampster the fierce Warrior.
- Silverwind the wise Elf.
- Gandolf the dungcart bum.

Just an idea, what do you guys think?

-Gandolf
P.S.
There's something you could do that'd make me incredibly happy though (as well as whatever else you wanna do of course), and that's to have a go at drawing a few sprites. Drawing is such a satisfactory pastime, and there's no wrong way to do it. It would be so awesome if we could build a GMG sprite set with sprites from everyone!
That's a pretty good idea... I could put in some of my totally awesome stick figures. (Not quite sure they'd fit in with everyone else's sprites though)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:43:25 PM by Gandolf »

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »
Gandolf may I help with this project? I want credits in it as a first major project. Plus I'm usually bored.
Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »
You know way more about websites than me! ;D I'm a graphic designer at heart; I've only been web designing for a couple o' months.

There's something you could do that'd make me incredibly happy though (as well as whatever else you wanna do of course), and that's to have a go at drawing a few sprites. Drawing is such a satisfactory pastime, and there's no wrong way to do it. It would be so awesome if we could build a GMG sprite set with sprites from everyone!
I am working on a sprite set for Cantora's Quest atm (its all vector... and the main guy is based off of Zelda's Link... from the NES game... because I suck at sprite design.)
If I get something good, I will show you.
If you want something, I will do my best to make it.

Mist

PS. That story sounds funny Gandolf, I would probably be some sort of guy who dissappears for giant chuncks of the storyline, only to show up again and blow everything up :D
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2009, 03:21:33 PM »
Wait... What if all of us on the Gmg were part of the storyline? That would be so neat!
-The 3 Kings, Ghost, Al and Mike.
- GnomeAgain, The... Gnome.
- WarHampster the fierce Warrior.
- Silverwind the wise Elf.
- Gandolf the dungcart bum.

Just an idea, what do you guys think?
I love it! I was gonna include GMG counterparts of us in Tides of Fáden and even got as far as programming a quest around Teruri's character when my HD went pop. >,<

Can I be a helpful character at the start of the game? Maybe giving general gameplay advice?

That's a pretty good idea... I could put in some of my totally awesome stick figures. (Not quite sure they'd fit in with everyone else's sprites though)
Can't wait to see them, and that's a blood oath now, there's no going back! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You too Mist. :)
I survived the spammage of 2007

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2009, 03:53:25 PM »
Gandolf may I help with this project? I want credits in it as a first major project. Plus I'm usually bored.
Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2009, 04:40:22 PM »
A long, long time ago, there was a collection of evil sorcerers. This group gathered every wednesday just after teatime to plot their evil schemes. This group was called the "Game Maker's Garage".
What these people did was make these incredably complex games that would slowly hypnotize the player into becoming their faithful servant, which they then used to kill those who would not play (because they didn't have macs)...
Over time, these sorcerers have created an empire so strong that only a played character can overthrow it! Be the extremely overpowered hero in this game and defeat the evil legions of the Game Maker's Garage!

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »
Of course! You can help out with anything on the job list, or even just be here for moral support. Either way you get put on the credits list. ;)

I am working on a sprite set for Cantora's Quest atm (its all vector... and the main guy is based off of Zelda's Link... from the NES game... because I suck at sprite design.)
If I get something good, I will show you.
If you want something, I will do my best to make it.

Mist
I think this sprite creation trend may catch on. Vector art is awesome, I love to see sprites made with it.

PS. That story sounds funny Gandolf, I would probably be some sort of guy who dissappears for giant chuncks of the storyline, only to show up again and blow everything up :)
I love it! I was gonna include GMG counterparts of us in Tides of Fáden and even got as far as programming a quest around Teruri's character when my HD went pop. >,<

Can I be a helpful character at the start of the game? Maybe giving general gameplay advice?
Glad you guys like the story idea so much. :D
Yeah, you guys can be whatever you wish. (As long as it's a reflection of your real self on the Gmg forum. Nothing completely outrageous and unrelated to yourselves. So the helpful and general gameplay advice role can be yours Silver)

By the way, made a bit more headway:
http://web.mac.com/avisaria/iPhone-SimpleRPG-Vid.swf

-Gandolf
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:10:01 PM by Gandolf »

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »
Did you like my story :D

We would be SUPER villans!

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 05:10:14 PM »
Hahaha. ;D We're the bad guys... That's pretty awesome. Though will it allow all of us to have the parts that reflect ourselves and be able to be played and beaten in 20 minutes?

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2009, 05:20:29 PM »
Hahaha. ;D We're the bad guys... That's pretty awesome. Though will it allow all of us to have the parts that reflect ourselves and be able to be played and beaten in 20 minutes?
Probably.

Make it a giant dungeon crawl

Mebbe invade the castle of the Game Maker's Garage...
With lots of minions.

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »
I like the idea... though us being the bad guys? I'm not particularly in an evil mood at the moment.

-Gandolf
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:29:52 PM by Gandolf »

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2009, 05:40:19 PM »
I like the idea... though us being the bad guys? I'm not particularly in an evil mood at the moment.

-Gandolf
Pity...

I am

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

GuthanSoftware

• GMG-er

• GuthanSoftware
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2009, 06:25:53 PM »
Gandolf please give me a list of jobs, and include me in the credits. I'm in :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 06:26:35 PM by Guthan »
Stupid Test Creator
Sim School Creator
Windox Creator
and more

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »
Alright, I'll PM You. :)

-Gandolf