Topic:   SilverCreator v2.0b4 to come soon   (Read 9329 times)

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
SilverCreator v2.0b4 to come soon
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:21:12 AM »
Due to the impending death of 32 bit Intel applications, I will be releasing SilverCreator v2.0b4 soon.

I am doing a lot better financially now, so I will fund the REAL-Xojo-Basic-Studio-2000 upgrade myself this time. However, SilverCreator would not be where it is without those generous donations made a few years ago.

I am pleased to announce that SilverCreator v2.0b3.1 does work just fine on Mac OS X "High Sierra" though.

The SilverCreator.net site will also be updated and hopefully the forums re-opened, at least for historical purposes.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
Re: SilverCreator v2.0b4 to come soon
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 01:36:45 AM »
The site has finally been updated.

http://www.silvercreator.net

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:33:10 PM »
I'm working on a Windows machine now or I would try it out. Still, I'm glad to hear it!
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 05:26:30 AM »
I'm working on a Windows machine now or I would try it out. Still, I'm glad to hear it!

I'm very sorry to hear that, mental health care professionals will be dispatched free of charge.

KungFuFurby

• GMG Newbie

• Video Game Musician
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 08:09:09 PM »
I'm still here after all these years (15 years and counting on SilverCreator!), although very inactive, if at all. I run on an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.6.8 these days since the death of my G5 back in August 2014.

I recall there was some kind of bug with the last beta version before this upcoming release? I've forgotten the bug due to how long it has been, but I thought it had to do with the arrays...
User of SilverCreator from 2003-2008....
User of Stencyl from 2008-2012ish...
...and mostly a video game musician these days...

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 08:29:33 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear that, mental health care professionals will be dispatched free of charge.
;D

Good work Mike! I hope to see a wave of new game developers.

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »
Will have to try this, if only to see if it will open my old project files.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 04:28:49 AM »
The lack of replies is somewhat discouraging.

The Xojo license update apparently costs $299 (plus sales tax of 8.25%, because REAL Software People Who Make Xojo Company is also in Texas).

I did find a way to save 30% though. New licenses also cost $299, but there's a promo code that takes off 30% (but only for new licenses). (If they refused to process the order for some reason, then I would just "move" to another state for a day, and buy it there - and also save on sales taxes).

Or, I could order just the Mac license for $99 (-30%), but that means the Windows runtime would be compiled with an older version. Fortunately, there is no forthcoming 32-bit apocalypse for Windows apps. I could even order the Windows license for $99 and still save over the $299 package.

I'm not asking for donations, just gauging interest, I guess.

I have some thoughts on the current state of GMG/the community in general that I'll post in another thread. Summary: GMG is generational and needs some new faces, but has also been decimated (in my opinion) by bullshit such as "Gatekeeper".

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »
I've been using a number of other engines (Love2D, Unity, GameMaker Studio) so I doubt I would be using SilverCreator any time soon, unfortunately. I'll admit, SC was a great way to make point-n-click games, but I'm not all that interested anymore.
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 08:52:43 AM »
Well, the 30% promo code stopped working, but I found a 20% promo code.

I purchaed a new Mac Only License of Hand Cleaning Lotion Xojo today.

The Windows Runtime can be compiled with the old version, or whatever.

I will screw around with 64 bit (and also, Cocoa!) builds of SilverCreator in the next week or so.

I would greatly appreciate any testing that anyone can do even if you aren't an active user anymore.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 07:32:03 PM »
I was able to get a ridiculously gimped version of SilverCreator to compile barely as a Cocoa 64 bit program.

Problem #1 of 434,577: All of the floating windows disappear as soon as you do literally anything.

That's basically a permanent showstopper so I have had to contact Xojo support about that.

Fortunately, I have about a year to get all this figured out, before OS X 10.15 comes out and murders the 32 bit support.

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 06:45:36 AM »
Problem #1 of 434,577: All of the floating windows disappear as soon as you do literally anything.

Well I hope you get all the bugs worked out.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »

I have some thoughts on the current state of GMG/the community in general that I'll post in another thread. Summary: GMG is generational and needs some new faces, but has also been decimated (in my opinion) by bullshit such as "Gatekeeper".
Lets do it!

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 12:42:30 PM »
Let me know how I can help - happy to help transfer the forum data and relevant MySQL DBs to whoever wants to maintain and grow the community. I agree that for the community to survive we'll need to make it accessible to the next generation of game hobbyists.

Would be interesting if XOJO allows iOS/Android compile targets. Most kids are introduced to computing via phones and tablets, so allowing them to make games in the traditional "GameMaker" fashion on those devices would probably be an interesting evolution. The card-based style lends itself nicely to multitouch.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 05:47:15 PM »
Howdy folks :) I work in a primary school these days and was thinking of introducing the kids to good old point and click game creators. Nice timing to release an update Mike!
I survived the spammage of 2007