Topic:   iRPG Storyline Progression   (Read 27689 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: iRPG Storyline Progression
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »
Fantastic sprite Conny! :D Oozes are among my all time favourite dungeon encounters. There's so many types of them. Some corrode your weapons... some infect you with disease... my personal favourite is the transparent gelatinous cube, which waits motionless in a corridor until an unsuspecting adventurer (like a certain rogue you all know) comes along to investigate the odd assortment of objects suspended in mid air, which are in fact lodged in the cube's mass. Then it rushes forward!

For more on slimes, oozes, jellies and puddings, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ooze_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Ooze_descriptions

D&D is endless fun! ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 03:13:26 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 03:05:40 PM »
I was thinking, and are you guys making maps of other towns? Because I was under the impression that we were going to have one town with paths to all the areas. That would make things A LOT easier, yes?
And it would be fun to have the town change throughout the game.
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 07:02:06 PM »
I think the idea is to have one town, as the story goes. That's a good idea about the changing town, we're doing something like that. :)

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 11:10:05 PM »
Okay this could get a bit long...

Â    I told a friend of mine about the GMG and what I was doing because  he's been interested in video games for a long time. He's always making these really cool ideas for game plots and story lines and characters so I told him he should check out this project we were working on. He said he wants to help out so we had a brainstorm yesterday and he said he was going to make an account and post what he had but he hasn't so I thought I'd go ahead and post what we thought of anyways... :P
We came up with a few ideas for a character (mainly why they wound up in this NewTown):

- A character who has somewhat shady past (google anti hero) and came to Newtown to "start over" and build a better reputation.

- A war deserter who is hiding in Newtown

- A new recruit in the army who was sent there to help the settlers (because there might be monsters out there)

8)

EDIT: Am I still the only person here that is done with school for the summer??
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:34:51 AM by Connors »

- Tim Rogers

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 09:55:10 PM »
3 weeks (including exams) then I graduate and head off to university. :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:55:26 PM by Swampthing »

namyiik

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »
Okay this could get a bit long...

Â    I told a friend of mine about the GMG and what I was doing because  he's been interested in video games for a long time. He's always making these really cool ideas for game plots and story lines and characters so I told him he should check out this project we were working on. He said he wants to help out so we had a brainstorm yesterday and he said he was going to make an account and post what he had but he hasn't so I thought I'd go ahead and post what we thought of anyways... :P
We came up with a few ideas for a character (mainly why they wound up in this NewTown):

- A character who has somewhat shady past (google anti hero) and came to Newtown to "start over" and build a better reputation.

- A war deserter who is hiding in Newtown

- A new recruit in the army who was sent there to help the settlers (because there might be monsters out there)

8)

EDIT: Am I still the only person here that is done with school for the summer??

connors will confirm that i am the one who came up with those ideas (he did help refine them) in a little while i will post a little more detail on my personal favorite "the military deserter"

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 04:31:26 PM »
Cool! Great to have you on board. :) Welcome to the GMG too.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 07:30:07 PM »
Hey, welcome! Little ideas like those are valuable, different characters will help flesh out the game. Can we put you and Connors officially in charge of backstory? It's always nice to have a fully-realized world to draw from.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 12:10:50 AM »
Sounds good to me! We live close together so we can both collaborate more easily.

EDIT: Namyiik I totally thought of the third one on that list. >:(
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:18:34 PM by Connors »

- Tim Rogers

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »
Something to add to our RPG world:
The main crop in Newtown is mushrooms. This is mainly because they grow incredibly well in this particular area and require very little land compared to, say, corn. In fact if the only crop the people could take with them had been corn they probably wouldn't have wanted to try to settle in this area in the first place. Certain mushrooms will even grow better if you just leave the trees there.

I thought we could use this for some of the NPC's dialogue if nothing else.

- Tim Rogers

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 08:31:54 PM »
Nice. :)

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 03:25:42 PM »
OKAY, so since this is the topic for the group project with the fewest pages, we need to move.... I will post more detail on one of those items above.

Some new recruits in the army have been sent to the new town because there aren't many guards or watchmen(cops) in the town and they needed a few men. You are one of these soldiers and you start out with very little experience. (of course) Then there's trouble with monsters and you wind up getting sent in to check it out first because you're the newest. (lol) Then you accidentally get stuck in the cave in the woods (first dungeon) and at some point, probably at the very end, you get a magic spell or something.

I used the part about the new ability/weapon in the "dungeon" because at some point you should get better experience than the others because you become the hero.

PLEASE, post your opinion in it and any more ideas guys! even if they sound silly at first they can be refined. We can't go really far with maps, characters or dungeons until we have more story. I will try to get Namyiilk to log in and post his war deserter idea too 'cause I think it would also work well for this because the tiny Newtown would be the perfect place to hide, yes??

- Tim Rogers

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 03:38:44 PM »
They're great ideas. I think the delay in development is due to everyone being busy and absent, but it's nice to have such an enthusiastic team. :)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »
Yeah, just got back from 3 weeks of vacation, Boys' State, and Wheat State Church Camp.

-Gan

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 04:43:07 PM »
Nice! :)