Topic:   [Processing] Platform Engine Revival   (Read 3723 times)

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
[Processing] Platform Engine Revival
« on: May 16, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
The little square guy is back... And this time he's gonna work on anything that's got Java!

I rebuilt the collision algorithm (which I basically made up myself) and built the platforming controls. Right now it feels a lot like the old one, plus you can hold up to jump higher. I plan to add proper menus, an actual gameData object to manage data, more interesting obstacles, and even new hats so STAY TUNED!!!

Here's my current menu, I think it needs a bit more around the edges:
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: [Processing] Platform Engine Revival
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:55:29 PM »
That.
Looks.
Epic!

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:36:01 AM »
Welp, like I said, a while back I ported my collision engine and even movement physics and controls from Silver Creator. However, the last time I was working on it I had decided to re-organize most of the code. This was tricky to plan at first and is part of the reason I quit working on the thing for a long time. But I finally made some progress today!

I took Gan's advice and made a controller object which contains a method for game logic and a method for drawing code. Right now there's 2 classes which inherit from controller, the first is used for the menu and the other will be for the game. Not sure yet how to switch between them, I guess that's KIND OF important.

Today all I've done so far is program the menu, but things are looking promising! There's still a few things I have to learn or re-learn to make this setup work. It feels good to work without always asking for help on the forum but I may or may not have to ask Gan for help de-bugging, eventually.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:38:47 AM by Connors »
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:44 PM »
Epic