Re: ...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:54:33 PM »
 :o

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 11:20:43 PM »
Hey, maybe Al will have some incentive to finish his updated GM, the competition is (sort of) out of the way. :-\
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:51 AM »
http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/silvercreator.net

Mike ran the site for exactly 10 years.  A perfect number of years, a good long time, and that makes it all the more saddening.  This feels like the end of an era, even though it doesn't practically change anything, but merely confirms what we already knew: that Mike has moved on from programming.  I'm going to try to catch up with him on Facebook.  We haven't talked in a long time, and I don't know why not.  His current profile picture is a photo of Bryan Cranston, the lead actor on Breaking Bad, which happens to be my favorite TV show in the world... the only show that matters, as far as I'm concerned... so we definitely have something that we can talk about.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »
Thanks for making THE MOST difficult post to click on in forum history. You deserve a medal!
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:34 PM »
Heh.  I guess you must be reading from a mobile device, or are using a trackpad, or something.  I didn't give any thought to the clickable-ness of the subject line.  I'll have to remember to think of that in the future.

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »
Are we sure this isn't temporary downtime?   I know Mike hasn't released a SilverCreator update for a while, but... ;____;

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »
I think it's really closed down.  I think Mike closed the site down without making an announcement because he believed that nobody would notice.  I don't know if he knows that people still use SC.  He's been one of the most talented and influential contributors to the GM community, yet he's probably the most reclusive.  Like Bruce Wayne.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:42:21 PM by Circuit »

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »
Well, now I have motivation to finish that SC game I've been working on and dedicate it to Mike.  If EqwanoX was around he would probably be making some crazy unintelligible posts.   :P

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
I love his crazy unintelligible posts because they actually make sense.

- Tim Rogers

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 01:00:30 PM »
I love his crazy unintelligible posts because they actually make sense.

Umm... that post of yours kind of didn't make sense though. LOL

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
 :D
Looks like I spoke too soon!  I love it when I'm wrong.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 02:11:26 AM »
http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/silvercreator.net

Mike ran the site for exactly 10 years.  A perfect number of years, a good long time, and that makes it all the more saddening.  This feels like the end of an era, even though it doesn't practically change anything, but merely confirms what we already knew: that Mike has moved on from programming.  I'm going to try to catch up with him on Facebook.  We haven't talked in a long time, and I don't know why not.  His current profile picture is a photo of Bryan Cranston, the lead actor on Breaking Bad, which happens to be my favorite TV show in the world... the only show that matters, as far as I'm concerned... so we definitely have something that we can talk about.

Holy crap. I bought a new TV set just to watch Breaking Bad. I didn't know you liked the show! I'm anxiously waiting for it to start up again.

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 05:08:29 PM »
Holy crap. I bought a new TV set just to watch Breaking Bad. I didn't know you liked the show! I'm anxiously waiting for it to start up again.
Oh hell yeah.  I started watching during season 4 and immediately got hooked.  I bought seasons 1-4 on DVD, and temporarily pirated the first half of season 5.  (Screw AMC for putting a year-long hiatus in the middle of the final season!)  I feel a connection to this show that is hard to explain.  I don't sympathize with the characters, and yet, I care deeply about what happens to them.  It's strange and exciting.

My conservative mother got hooked on the show while watching season 5 with me.  I made the unfortunate mistake of suggesting that she watch it from the beginning.  I wasn't there when she watched the pilot episode (thankfully), but afterward she said she'd "had enough", and we never talked about it again.  I wondered, "Was it the rough language, or the brief nudity, or Skyler's hand movements that offended her?... Oh CRAP, I forgot about that stuff!"  Our relationship is awkward now...

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 10:07:28 PM »
Y'know it could be the general subject matter of the show that would offend some people. Or the part where they murder a guy and dissolve him with sulfuric acid and accidentally leave a big hole in the floor/ceiling. Dark comedy! :P

- Tim Rogers