Topic:   April 2012   (Read 14411 times)

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
April 2012
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:57:15 PM »
Mkay so here i go

Challenge of the month
Group story

Now let that sink in.... Mmmmmmm okay gud

So how about we all write a chapter in a book like the tv show heros
We all create a charecter who has a neat backround and flavor text
Once we all make a charecter they all meet somehow. We all write a chapter and then... Well well go from there

We can write it here the genre is sci-fi/fantasy. So it can be as crazy as you want but i think the limit should probobly be as crazy as doctor who. The only thing crazier than that is probobly telle tubbies or bakugan. You can comunicate with someone else if you want to do some sort of two part episode. Each person doing a part or whatevrr.

Who k ows we may even adapt this into a game :p
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
Re: April 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »
I'll do chapter one
I can do more if you wish...
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:37:06 PM »
Rex was an average dog. He was a mixed breed, white, fluffy and small. He had curly hair. It is a well known fact among dogs that Rex was a genius who helped to solve the great dog problems of the world. Every single dog loved him. They talked about him on dog-radio, and on the puppynet. He had a vision of a perfect world, where dogs and humans coexisted perfectly. No more terrified mailmen, no more abused animals. He was about to unveil his plan and how to execute it at a dog conference with the global representative dogs in an alley four blocks away, when a truck backed over him. Had he only know a little more about human vehicles, he might have known that the beeping meant that it was going to back up. His ribs snapped and he let out a howl of pain as he took his last breath.

Upon hearing a loud howl, Howard ran out the door and over to the fresh corpse of the dog.
sniff "poor guy..." he said, wiping back a tear "I'm going to have to tell your owners the sad news..."

He looked down at the collar of the dog.
Rex
231 Maple street
316-1132

He picked up the body, turned the corner onto Maple and knocked on the door of 231.

Go in whatever direction you feel works best.
-Zoo

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »
     The cold and blustery august wind blew my auburn curls about my face. The wind sheering straight through my corduroy pants, riddled with patches and holes. my frayed and burned jacket with sleeves that had had to be resown more than once was uncomfortable but necessary. I hated these old worn and tattered vestments, but they had been the only concurrent thing in my sandstorm of a life. I remember my prime where I traveled the world with my Indian companion and a dog made of gold. Our chariot was a winnebago, and our trade: magic. Everything in that life had burned, my steed which rushing like a fire to a new destination, and the cool embrace of my perfect companion. All gone in a flash of seconds.
     The first time I stood on this bridge my jacket was still aflame and i wore no shoes. I leaned slowly over, blood rushing to my ears, in the silence, and adrenalin I could feel my equilibrium shift. The water grew so close, and then my heart skipped a beat. Teeth had sunk into my shoulder and dragged me back on to the dimly lit cobble bridge. My golden boy Rex had risked his life for mine. We laid there until morning. Me petting his singed curls, and him sighing softly into my chest.
     I fingered the scar thinking now, that this was my second time thinking of taking my life over the death of a dear friend. My only son Pip had died. Poor little pip. No man should have to bury his own son. He and Rex were the only thing I had left from my old days as a crusader of love and magic. I slowly stood up, supporting myself on my cane, and limped home to the last thing I owned in the world, my boy Rex. I think I should make it through this month with just enough. I'm used to a budget of $70 for food. If only I can get through this month accident free and then I could keep my house. I strode home in the moonlight. The smell of leather wafting to my nose from the beaten old jacket. Not just leather, it was mixed with a hint of my dear Esther's perfume, which had never left the jacket, regardless of it's unsightliness.

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Moe

• GMG Newbie

• Y U READ MY PERSONAL TEXT, IT'S PERSONAL BRO.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
Well we could roleplay. Not exactly write a whole chapter by ourselves but more like we are one character, we take their persona and we react however they would in whatever situation as our charters interact with each other. I can Link a few threads from different forums if you want, it's done in a bunches of places.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:05:03 PM by Moe »
El Psy Congroo

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »
 :o kurt
That's nothing like mine.

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 05:39:27 PM »
no, but I was setting up the backstory for Max's owner  8)

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:30:27 PM »
I love it it's like these collab stories. It reminds me of mspaintadventures.com, which is pretty much interactive fiction. The users are allowed to suggest what the characters should do next (in the form of commands like a text adventure) and the author picks the best ideas.

:o kurt
That's nothing like mine.
We should keep adding pieces to the story, it may be in different writing styles, but people can take it in different directions. Of course that tends to get a bit silly but it's fun. And if you want to focus on one character that's fine but I suggest we allow writing for multiple characters. Base it on how you think they would react. I may jump in but right at this moment I don't have a really concrete idea to add.
Did you have to introduce a character in a way that he just lost nearly everything? :C
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:43:19 PM by Connors »
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
Did you have to introduce a character in a way that he just lost nearly everything? :C
Well no, but I had a neat idea about him always having flashbacks. almost like little side-stories, and similar to the writing style of To Kill a Mockingbird

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »
Why did you put it in first person? Mine was obviously 3rd person...

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »
Why did you put it in first person? Mine was obviously 3rd person...

oh thats my bad, sorry  :-[
But can't perspective change? If it's like another chapter or something.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »
Not usually, but I don't see why not. As long as the perspective is consistant throughout the chapter.

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 09:13:04 PM »
alright cool, thats what I though, but I wasn't sure.

Well who's going to write the next chapter? I want to see what happens next.

R19Sen

1FATP8UH3K5159596 Ford Mustang 2019 Blue 2.3L
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »

Ford Mustang 2019 Blue 2.3L vin: 1FATP8UH3K5159596

Lot sold for   20900

Auction:    I buy fast

Lot number: 28658375

Date of sale: 12.05.2019

Year: 2019

VIN: 1FATP8UH3K5159596

Condition: Run and Drive

Engine: 2.3L I4 N

Mileage: 827 miles (Actual)

Seller: Avis Budget Group

Documents: CLEAR (Florida)

Estimated Retail Value:

Transmission: Automatic

Body color: Blue

Drive: Rear Wheel Drive

Fuel: Gasoline

Keys: Present

Notes: Not specified

Source: Ford Motor Co.
It screams like a Ferrari, but it also burbles like an old American V-8 because of some trickery in the exhaust design. Its an entirely unique sound that makes revving it even more enjoyable. When it does hit its redline, you shift using an old-fashioned six-speed manual transmission..
It received updates to make it even quicker for 2019
The Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
The Shelby GT350 is an incredibly fast car with an intoxicating engine

1FATP8UH3K5159596

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:34:06 PM by R19Sen »

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 03:53:09 PM »
Aww damnit I thought something interesting was happening.
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/