Topic:   Old Mac Games   (Read 3246 times)

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

Old Mac Games
« on: November 27, 2010, 02:06:20 AM »
I just became really interested with old mac games, share some favs!

Right now I'm playing:
Fallout 1 (finally)
Wasteland (like this one because it reminds me of a GM RPG)
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
Re: Old Mac Games
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 08:02:19 PM »
I've been trying to find a copy/download of "Load Runner: The Legend Returns", because it's awesome and it had a level editor and stuff.
Currently I still have Sim City/Sim Ant/Sim Farm, and The Incredible Machine.....
Yeah I have quite a few old games. Oh and Duke Nukem. That game is badass.

If you're looking for some good games try Ambrosia's website, those were ALL pretty cool. Also Pangea. I feel like a nerd now for knowing so much about it. ;D

This forum got kinda quiet recently huh?
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
I've been trying to find a copy/download of "Load Runner: The Legend Returns", because it's awesome and it had a level editor and stuff.
Did you ever play Lode Runner 2?  It was a 3D/isometric version of Lode Runner with a level editor and stuff.  My brother was really into it and made some sweet levels.

Anyway, my favorite mac game would have to be Bugdom, because it came with my first mac and it was the first video game I played with any degree of focus.  The first level music still makes me want to cry.  Unreal Tournament was another favorite as well; it was my first and only FPS (not counting UT2004).  I got it for my PC so I could use the editor, which was great because I always fantasized about making my own maps.

Oh yeah.  Tropico was great too.  I remember faking sick from school so that I could play it all day and eat junk food.  Every time I eat a particular kind of cookie (Keebler fudge grahams) I go on a nostalgia trip to me in 8th grade playing Tropico for hours.  I want to get Tropico 3, which came out last year I think.  It looks really fantastic, and it has improved road-building tools, which is really a fetish of mine.  I would probably play a traffic-simulation/planning game if one was released.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Yeah I played Lode Runner 2, all I could ever find is the demo of it though. I seems as if the full version was wiped off the face of the Earth. (If you know anything about it I'd like to know :P)
 Bugdom was my favorite for a long time as well. I liked much all of Pangeas games. In fact, have you ever played Cro-Mag Rally? The multiplayer is great.

- Tim Rogers

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »
I searched on ebay and found LR2 for cheap, here's the link if you're interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lode-Runner-2-Mac-Game-CD-/220700767692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3362ca75cc

Cro-mag rally was awesome as well.  The tournament mode was kinda easy, but my brother and I wasted a lot of time bombing each other with roman candles in multiplayer.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »
I remember Cro Ma Rally! All Pangea games rocked. Bugdom 1 and 2, Otto Matic, Engimo, - those were some fun games.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »
Mighty Mike was the best game ever.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »
I remember buying Mighty Mike, that game was fun! Then I had trouble running it on Classic Mode so I can't anymore.
OH and Wing Nuts, that is and older OS X game but it is so cool. (That's yet another company, FreeVerse - Check that out too) Oh and Thx for the help I'll see how high bids for that game go...

[shameless self promotion]...someone check Light Maze in announcements! :P [/shameless self promotion]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:42:44 PM by Connors »

- Tim Rogers