Topic:   Cyberdelia   (Read 16323 times)

Telstar5

• GMG-er

• The sun is up, the sky is blue...
Cyberdelia
« on: June 28, 2009, 06:49:48 PM »
I'm going to make a game. I've postponed Terrorists 2 for a later date.

The project has been titled Cyberdelia, a cyberpunk RPG.

Code: [Select]
In Cyberdelia, you take the role of James Gibson. You stumble back into your apartment after a big night out with your friends. You fall over your chair and break your Mac's screen - electrocuting yourself into the next world. Welcome to Data - the planet in 1000 years time from now.

You wake up in front of the same apartment, full of all your old disks, hardware and cables... but something's different, and it's not an awful, awful hangover.

Checking the age-old mail on the mat, you see a whole bundle of letters on the floor from 'Freddie Maxim', asking you to turn yourself in and let go of his girlfriend, about ten thousand bank statements and a strange postcard from a person you've never heard of before - 'Steven Mistabishi'.

With more research, you discover that you are a convicted drug smuggler, money launderer, professional car thief and data kidnapper. You're on three lists of the world's most wanted, notorious criminals, with a total reward of three million dollarpounds to the person who can catch you first.

To complicate the story, you only have three days left to get off the planet before Data explodes. You need to earn money to either get teleported back to 2010, or stay in the current time line and get an interplanetary passport so you can relocate to Io.

With the whole of North End city looking for you - and all of Data - is there any way you can prove yourself innocent and put the real James Gibson behind bars, or do you play the criminal's game?

You'll encounter a lot of battles with many of the gangs in North End. You'll almost certainly be caught up with the Diskettes, the 3010 equivilent of the London Mafia, headed by a French man who calls himself Até "Vibes" Smiths

Earth has changed. NRG is now the product that governs life - it enables humans to constantly grow and stay alive until the NRG Cassettes are no longer compatible with your body, in which case, you buy compatible cassettes. This is why nobody in North End sleeps, so make sure you keep NRG Cassettes about at all times.

Corrupters are illegal devices that can corrupt data inside data smugglers, using radio signals. It makes that part of their brain useless for storing data, and can seriously damage them. Most people in Data will have a brain storage fitting, but only criminals and government officials own Corrupters. You happen to be one of those people.

You'll need money to buy NRG Cassettes, batteries, supplies, food, drinks - you name it. You can earn money by stealing, borrowing, gambling or fighting.

That's a basic intorduction to the game. I've decided to use a battle template I found on Al's site to handle the battle sequences. All in all, I wonder how I'll ever finish it, but I'm hoping for it to be complete in the next few weeks. I'm starting to lay down some basic graphics tonight.

Exclusive music not required

Xiphos

• GMG-er

Re: Cyberdelia
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
Sounds amazing! I can't wait and I love the fact you play out the story by sticking to the law or being a criminal!

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »
You stole my character's name! I had James first! :P

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:19:09 PM »
I am sure it is not your James. It is probably a different James.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

HarryCaray

• GMG-er

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:32:02 PM »

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:44:18 PM »

Huh?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 09:52:16 PM »
This is an extremely unique story line, I can't wait till you release a version.

-Gandolf

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 07:31:09 AM »
Update: Cyberdelia has been started on and will be entering full time production after I get back from my grandmother at the end of July. I'll be working on it before I go away, but only on things like graphics and such. The graphics are proving quite difficult as I'm not an artist and it has been hard to find a location to photograph that really gives off the effect I want from this game, so it may take time to find locations to photograph and edit as I see fit. Give it about a month, and I'll almost be finished with graphics and coding; then all that's left is soundtrack and sound effects.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 08:42:42 AM »
yea graphics can be tough, if your useing photo backgrounds try tracing them in photoshop on a seperate layer, then add color and whatnot, maybe even do that with the characters or come up with a simple style of cartoon like people. if you come up with cartoon characters post them, i can help refine the design and make them easier to draw

so you can handle an rpg? what kind of engine are you gonna use?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:51:58 AM by EqwanoX »

Telstar5

• GMG-er

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 08:50:21 AM »
It's been a few months. Cyberdelia is coming along, don't worry. It may not be boiling, but the stove is certainly switched on.