Topic:   Majesty 2   (Read 3877 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Majesty 2
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »
Looks like Majesty 2 isn't far off the horizon. It's been in development for years but this article drops a hint it's coming later this year: http://brutalgamer.com/2009/05/29/qa-with-developers-majesty-2/

Has anyone else played the original?
I survived the spammage of 2007

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

Re: Majesty 2
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »
I'm confused on what you do ???
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:59:10 PM by Gnome_Again »
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
Majesty is a Kingdom Sim, but instead of amassing troops and moving them around, you recruit adventurers and they inhabit your kingdom. The adventurers have complete free will and go exploring, purchase equipment, visit inns, undergo quests and hunt monsters. It was a really great game for the day. When I first heard about Majesty 2 last year I wasn't impressed, but that article suggests that they've gone back to the original gameplay style and improved it.

EDIT:

Here's a pretty good video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5NYlLVGFcU&feature=related
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:41:10 PM by Silverwind »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »
That looks so amazing... The graphics alone make me drool. Imagine the possibilities if this type of quality game were online.

-Gan

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »
I played the original Majesty. It was a good game. It wasn't really my favorite game though. Starcraft still is my favorite game. (Made in 1998 not bad)
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
Majesty is a Kingdom Sim, but instead of amassing troops and moving them around, you recruit adventurers and they inhabit your kingdom. The adventurers have complete free will and go exploring, purchase equipment, visit inns, undergo quests and hunt monsters. It was a really great game for the day. When I first heard about Majesty 2 last year I wasn't impressed, but that article suggests that they've gone back to the original gameplay style and improved it.

EDIT:

Here's a pretty good video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5NYlLVGFcU&feature=related

I believe Squaresoft made one similar on the virtual console. In the final fantasy theme.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 03:05:25 AM »
That looks so amazing... The graphics alone make me drool. Imagine the possibilities if this type of quality game were online.

-Gan
It has online multiplayer. :)

Starcraft was cool.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 12:49:50 PM »
I played the original Majesty. It was a good game. It wasn't really my favorite game though. Starcraft still is my favorite game. (Made in 1998 not bad)
i dont get why starcraft is so praised, i think the original c&c was better as well as the best rts of all time. its hard to keep treack of units in starcraft cause you mass together so many, but can only command 9(or 12?) at a time, in c&c funds were tight makeing units much more valuble and gameplay much more tense

j

• GMG Newbie

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 01:39:32 PM »
i dont get why starcraft is so praised, i think the original c&c was better as well as the best rts of all time. its hard to keep treack of units in starcraft cause you mass together so many, but can only command 9(or 12?) at a time, in c&c funds were tight makeing units much more valuble and gameplay much more tense
12. I think it came down to presentation. I never played the original C&C, as it never caught my eye. Starcraft, on the other hand, was really easy to get into, and it had a great visual style. Part of Starcraft's success as an e-sport likely comes from the way battles appear to the non-playing spectator.

Look at the Matrix. Tons of science fiction before it tried to tell that same kind of story, and tons of kung-fu movies before it are far better kung-fu movies. It just happened to be a neat little all-in-one package that appealed to a very wide audience (and many of them never previously cared about science fiction or kung-fu).

Same with World of Warcraft. Presentation is everything.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 06:58:27 PM »
i think its because the medievil and science fiction themes are much more popular with the masses(not with me though), i liked the basic military theme of the original c&c, with just a touch of cool futuristic technology like mamoth tanks and the ion cannon. also the cut scenes and story line of both sides was really well done, its one of my favorite games. in the sequels they made it completely a science fiction game, probly cause of the success of starcraft, but they did go back and make c&c generals which i consider a true sequel of true c&c fans
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:00:26 PM by EqwanoX »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 07:18:25 PM »
Myth was another classic. Protecting your troops from your own poor aim Dwarves was hard enough.