Topic:   March 10   (Read 24645 times)

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
Re: March 10
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »
Indeed, the deadline should be March 31st.

It's locked away thousands of miles from my current location in which reaching and attaining may pose quite a bit of a challenge as searching through the Switzerland banks for a unique and single dollar bill.
So either the graphics will need to be recreated or retrieved.

What?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 12:41:57 PM »
lol, but the purpose of the challenge is to step away from advanced projects that never get finished and see what you can make in a few weeks, a new release once in a while keeps the forums interesting, we all have projects that are advanced and probly never see the light of day but if you had to produce something in a few weeks what would it be? its a fun challenge with no high standards, you just make something
Well, truthfully I don't have the time for a small project. I'm planning on submitting a beta of Avisaria. ;)

What?
The graphics that will be used in Avisaria are on Satyricon's pc that's back at his old home. He'll be able to get it eventually though he may just re-create them.

-Gan

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
What's the hype with rules and deadlines? The monthly exercise is about keeping your skills sharp, getting into the habit of producing finished projects and having fun doing it. If you don't practice regularly your efficiency declines, thus point one. If you fall into the habit of seldom finishing projects you'll adopt an unconscious mental barrier that you physically can't finish projects, thus point 2. Needless to say if you don't have fun doing it you probably won't do it very well, thus point 3.

While think that a month is generally a good timeframe to work with, I wouldn't limit the quality of my game because of it. Night at Drundergond Manner took 6 weeks.

btw, did anyone ever win that?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:23:12 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 02:35:05 PM »
I beat it! (You can't win if you don't know how to use items)
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 02:35:51 PM »
i dont remember that, is it still downloadable?

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 02:48:08 PM »
I beat it! (You can't win if you don't know how to use items)
Well sure, but the tutorial teaches you how to use items. ;)

i dont remember that, is it still downloadable?
It's a text adventure I made for last April's monthly exercise. Unfortunately a working copy didn't survive the HD crash of 73, and it seems to have mysteriously disappeared form my MediaFire account. ??? Furthermore I think TD was one of the only people who actually played it, and seeing as how his HD popped as well it may be lost forever... or at least until I work up the motivation to fix the way outdated copy I have now (I hadn't even implemented a way to use the stairs).

EDIT:

Hang on, I just glanced over the old topic and the download link still works: http://www.mediafire.com/?honhi5mzd33

I must have uploaded it outside of my account. Odd...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:53:42 PM by Silverwind »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 02:57:20 PM »
I was about to tell you that it worked because I just checked it.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
I had played it, but couldn't beat it =)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 03:23:30 PM »
All you have to do is look at everything and you will eventually figure out what to do to win.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
Man, I just spent 20 minutes playing through it but I forgot to pickup the revolver and got the bad ending! ;D Well now, I shan't be playing this again...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:24:31 PM by Silverwind »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 03:35:27 PM »
All you have to do is look at everything and you will eventually figure out what to do to win.
lol! Yeah, and there's only one way to lose, one stupid, stupid way. And the clues don't add up either, I mean did he poison the dinner or did he stab him in the bathroom? Surely he didn't do both. And another thing, how did the filing cabinet get wedged against the study door from the inside? Especially when the rope (required to access the room) is locked in a cabinet in the adjoining room. Likewise the quilt in the master bedroom was thrown back as if someone got up in a hurry, yet the door was locked from the inside when you find it, so whoever got up must have bolted out the balcony window. What nonsense!

I must have been really, really tired through the entire development of this game. ::)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:48:28 PM by Silverwind »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
Yes it is complete and utter nonsense.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 07:08:02 PM »
I'm already having trouble with Moon Fable. The source file encounters a problem accessing the temporary file after execution making development considerably more tedious than it ought to be (as I have to close and reopen the file every time I test it). I'm also sick of the battle engine. After writing the RSRPGE I just can't be satisfied with the RSBE. It's too clunky and looks horrible. Although I stand by my decision to use the original enemy pictures, I'll have to configure a nicer battle engine before I can continue dungeon design.

How are your games coming guys?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:09:31 PM by Silverwind »

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 07:57:10 PM »
meh, im trying to work with v7 and its giving me nothing but frustration, every time i fix a bug it makes another bug, i got a few tricks up my sleeve though
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:57:43 PM by EqwanoX »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
We should all make dev logs to show our progress :D

I'll start as soon as I have some technical garbage worked out.