Topic:   Devlog-FlatLand   (Read 11491 times)

Xiphos

• GMG-er

Devlog-FlatLand
« on: December 02, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »
Based in a world similar to that of the novel.

You play the role of a square and you have to go through a world of different shapes. The view point will be that similar to the one described in the novel. Put a penny down on a table. When you look at it from above it looks like a circle. As you go lower and lower it looks like an oval until final you are at eyes level with it and it looks like a line. That is what things look like in flat land.

The goal of the game will be to explore avoid Triangles (pointy and deadly). Collect circles (point system) and simply walk around. or something like that.

The different shapes/lines will be represented as different colors. It will be "3d" a quick example shown in this cast:
http://www.screencast.com/users/tomtom1337/folders/Jing/media/f9ecbd38-e47a-4f35-b6c6-23487b8ad51c

Things I want to work on first are changing it so as you zoom out and in too close and too far it doesn't ruin the illusion of 3d.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

Re: Devlog-FlatLand
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
Sounds like it could be addicting, can't wait.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »
I always thought Flat Land was a weird concept. If you had no 3rd dimension then you couldn't see the height like in the demo and objects would get bigger up close but only in width. But that's no fun for a game. XD
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »
I somehow have the demo in this video on my computer, and I have for some time now.
Strange. this isn't as old as I remember having the demo.
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!